Alpha Portfolio Services Analyst, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
Alpha Portfolio Services is increasing its talent to support new client onboarding onto our Front-to-Back, Investment Platform – Alpha; and has a number of exciting opportunities for motivated individuals. These are new roles, expanding teams in Front Office Reconciliations, Front Office Support, Portfolio Control, Cash Administration and Business Solutions, Data management, and account Services creating opportunities for development and growth in the future.
Alpha Portfolio Services is developing a skilled team of Alpha professionals capable of both supporting the day to day operations of existing clients and assisting the implementation for new clients
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGDs’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Successful applicants may perform a combination of the following:
Front Office Services
- Front Office Support
- Acting as primary support for clients using the Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS), State Street’s front office platform.
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to correct IBOR and CRIMS.
Middle Office Services
- Portfolio Control
- Subject matter experts in the IBOR record, provide support for client operations teams with any operational client queries.
- Business Solutions
- Client query support on complex data issues across Middle Office systems including use of SQL queries for researching issues and tracking data.
- Cash Administration
- Responsible for daily delivery of cash projections, overdraft and Stale balance reports to Fund Managers to enable them to closely monitor their accounts cash levels
- Account Services
- Managing Account Service events for new business/account updates, including fund launches, in-species, changes of custody, mergers, new markets and closures..
- In addition, individuals will be expected to:
- Interact with all Middle Office teams (Accounting, Corporate Actions, Trading, Performance)
- Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals, utilizing all available resources throughout Global delivery.
- Interact with clients in a service oriented manner in particular in client implementations as well as business as usual.
- Participate in projects as required
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Team and project management experience is an advantage
- Good time management, organizational skills and a collaborative approach
- Good client service skills
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- Flexible working hours may be required
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree and 3+ years’ experience in an asset management/middle office/ industry equivalent role or relevant State Street Middle office experience
- Knowledge of CRD (Charles River) is considered a plus
- Experience in back- and middle-office management of high-demand middle-office clients is considered a plus
- Industry relevant qualifications, e.g. IMC, CFA
- SQL knowledge is a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.