Cash Office Executive | IKEA | Dubai, UAE
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
About the Role
You are responsible for the administration of all tasks of cash admin that been assigned in order to ensure flexibility in the department and meet customer expectation regarding the process cash line, exchange & refund and merchandise pick-up orders. To ensure the smooth functioning of daily large amounts of cash transactions.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- To be in charge of all the cash transactions that takes place in the store.
- To make entries for all the transactions daily and balance the books at the end of the day.
- To make reports about the daily happenings in their department.
- To make money available in case the superiors require for company transactions.
- To check the money requests with their superiors before sanctioning them.
- To report any discrepancies they find with the transactions.
- To make sure all the collections are made on time from the debtors of the company
People Management & Development
- To train new assistants the company hires.
- To help the accountant of the company to maintain all the accounts.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the cash office.
- Invoice handling.
- Co-ordination with other departments.
- Ensure all customer collection orders (Merchandise Pick up) are staged a properly and in good condition and ready for customers
- Ensure all customers are well attended, and provide quality customer service.
- Ensure waiting time of customers collections within 6 minutes in MPU
- You are driven to exceed your goals. You are inspired by working together in fast-paced and complex environments. You are interested in people’s everyday life at home and in-home furnishings.
- What's more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Preferably Commerce Graduate with experience in audit
- 3 to 5 years in a finance or accounts role, IKEA experience preferred
- Strong experience in handling all cash, cheques, money orders and any other financial tool
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel)
- Good financial and audit acumen
- Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills
- Mathematical, Organisational and Customer Service Skills
- Fire Marshall Training
- First Aid Trained
- MS Office. Excel
- Comfort with shifts
- Good English communication skills, Arabic speaker preferred
- Customer Focused, Individual Accountability, Continuous Improvement, Personal Leadership, Teamwork
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.