GD Simplification - Project Manager, AVP
This role will support the new Global Delivery Simplification Program focused on automation of processes within the Transaction Management team. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing medium to large projects related to process improvement and automation. You will interact with internal teams such as Business, IT and Client Service/Relationship. Experience within Global Delivery or Client Service/Relationship is highly recommended. This role is being posted in Quincy but candidates in any global office are welcome to apply.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Project Manager, you will
- Lead the end-to-end planning and management of a small to medium project or a component of a large project
- Under direct supervision, plans, organizes and controls the activities of cross-functional project teams
- Develop and maintains an end-to-end project plan
- Coordinate project scope control
- Coordinate project staffing
- Coordinate overall project communications, risks, and issues resolution
- Under direction, manages end-to-end project budget
- Coordinate project tracking and reporting
- Coordinate on time and on budget delivery
- Coordinate communication with sponsors and management concerning the project status and
- Can also serve as manager of a release within a program
- Identify and uses best practices for project management
- Clearly communicate both verbally and in written format
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of problems across the organization and facilitates a collaborative solution
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage large, complex projects throughout the project life cycle and manage project teams on tight time frames
- Ability to manage through complex issues and realign priorities and deliverables to ensure milestones and targets are achieved
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong relationship management skills with demonstrated ability to work across global SSC business lines
- Strong prioritization management and resource management skills
- Expertise with project management methodology and tools and experienced with budget and cost tracking
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 7+ years’ financial services experience, custody and fund accounting experience preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- Expertise with a variety of financial products, including securities, cash, repurchase agreements, foreign exchange, and derivatives
- Strong PC skills, including MS Office applications and project scheduling and flowcharting software
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.