Company – Dupont (Hyderabad)
Position - Assistant Manager – Accounting and Reporting (Hyderabad)
Overall responsibility: Assistant Manager – Accounting and Reporting is accountable for managing deliverables related to Accounting and Reporting processes (Controllership related activities including General Ledger Accounting, Month End closing and Statutory Audit) and promoting the continuous improvement of productivity, service quality and customer satisfaction with strong internal controls in place. This position is also responsible for the financial integrity of accounting data in SAP (or applicable legacy system) and management reporting systems. The internal clients are Business Controllers, Business Analysts, Legal Entity Controllers/Finance Manager, Internal External/Auditors etc.
The Assistant Manager ensures that the team is motivated. He / She also needs to engage self and the team in all the core value initiatives. The main focus needs to be on:
- Delivering service that meets SLA and delights the customer (KPI: SLA achieved & high customer satisfaction)
- Achieving productivity improvements (KPI: Value for customer)
- Developing strong relationships and teams (KPI: Strong network in place & people development is evident)
This position is a part of the DSCI Finance Extended Leadership team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Accountable for managing service delivery for Accounting and Reporting processes – Accounting as per USGAAP and GL reconciliations
- Having good understanding of Financial Statements and external reporting in IFRS countries in APAC (SG/ANZ/MY/HK) and preferably having experience of working with Big4 Audit firms.
- Provide Accounting guidance to Team for day to day Accounting matters. Sound Knowledge of Accounting Standard - IFRS/US GAAP would be preferred and needed;
- Lead project (including M&A) related accounting work for APAC Region and work closely with US Corporate Accounting Team and Country Finance Team;
- Measure process performance with appropriate KPIs and Metrics and publish the same regularly to internal clients as well as within the team;
- Continuous and demonstrable improvement of productivity resulting in increased service productivity. Be able to evidence these savings across relevant customer base;
- Ensure and monitor that processes are in place to provide sustainable and consistent service quality through rigorous management of change control and acceptance into service procedures;
- Ensure resources, capabilities and capacity to meet both existing and new business demand;
- Provide expert problem management support to difficult, high profile customer issues and ensures root-cause analysis is conducted and a corrective action plan is followed through with any learning applied for future benefit;
- Champion team-working and knowledge sharing and promote the increased use of Shared Services capability;
- Provide support to new centering opportunities, taking an active role in transitions of new processes into DSCI.
Key competencies for the role holder:
- Sound Technical expertise in SAP -FICO (preferably SAP ECC) with overall understanding of other SAP modules;
- Proven team leadership skills; ability to effectively influence and motivate others, and an ability to work effectively with all levels, and a demonstrated ability as a change agent. Should be able to understand and react to specific needs of internal clients, including business finance leaders and Operations.
- Demonstrates a breadth and depth of operational service delivery management expertise, preferably in an international environment
- Strong development focus - advocate of developing employees, teams and the business
- Experience of leading and managing teams (including matrix management) within an operational service delivery or shared services environment
- Thorough understanding of clients’ business and requirements and able to use that knowledge to anticipate how future services offers need to evolve to meet customer requirements
- Strong communicator at all levels. Should be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, etc. Ability to organize and manage workflow, establish priorities, and follow up on unresolved matters.
CA, any additional qualifications would be an added advantage.
Work Experience: At least 5 to 7 years’ experience with preferably a managerial role with a medium to large organization. Knowledge of BPM processes quality systems, tools and best practices, critical to transactional effectiveness (eg. Workflow, 6 sigma, complaint/case management processes etc.) would be an added advantage.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.