2022 Tax Graduate Programme
At PKF Smith Cooper, you’ll be part of a multi-award winning accountancy and business advisory firm based across the Midlands. We work with businesses of all shapes and sizes to help them solve some of their most complex challenges and achieve success. No two jobs are the same so we’re looking for someone who can adapt and is up for the challenge!
Our people are our most important asset and we actively encourage training, development and progression in a friendly and supportive working environment.
Our Tax Graduate Programme
Working in Tax means much more than just analysing numbers, we really get to know our clients by building close relationships which enables us to better understand their financial performance, business systems, culture, and the risks they face and then to provide crucial advice to them in these areas.
As a member of our Tax team, you will join us on a ACCA training contract where you’ll have the chance to gain a deep understanding of a variety of businesses across different sectors – from nationals through to start-ups. You’ll be equipped with valuable technical skills, broad commercial understanding and in-depth knowledge of different industry sectors to help you achieve the ACCA Chartered Accountant qualification. Throughout the programme you will be fully supported so you can reach your full potential.
Accountancy is a people-focused profession. Numeracy is expected, but you must also be able to communicate confidently with colleagues and clients, as well as being able to organise yourself and your workload; balance the competing demands on your time; and take personal responsibility for the development of your career.
Benefits of Training with PKF Smith Cooper
A major benefit of training with a firm like PKF Smith Cooper is the depth and variety of assignments you will be involved with. You will have exposure to a wide range of assignments with clients of all sizes with most of them are local to our offices.
With us, you’ll also benefit from involvement from the firm’s partners, who will take a direct interest in your development and support you through your training.
PKF Smith Cooper is also a ICAEW and ACCA Approved Training Employer – a status which recognises the firm’s high-quality training and development.
Our benefits package has been designed around our people and shaped by our values. As part of our team, here are some of the things you can expect:
- A working environment that empowers you to perform at your best, through our flexible working policy and dress for your diary scheme
- Time to do what matters to you – 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, the option to reduce annual hours for additional annual leave, and your birthday off, on us. Long serving employees can also request a sabbatical, giving you the chance to make truly unforgettable memories
- Rewards for those that embrace and embody our values and culture through our Kudos Reward Scheme
- Regular social events and annual companywide away days, giving you the opportunity to engage with colleagues across your division, office and the wider firm
- Bonus referral schemes for introducing new talent or clients, so when we benefit, you do too
- Life doesn’t stop at the end of the working day, and neither do our benefits. We also offer life assurance, discounts on a huge variety of retailers through PKF Smith Cooper Rewards Scheme, and cashback on healthcare (including dental visits, physiotherapy etc) through Healthshield