Audit Manager - Financial Accounting and Advisory Services
The Grant Thornton FAAS department is a specialist team who primarily service complex large scale and Multinational Companies (MNCs), focusing on being a centralised point of contact for their global requirements. Our experienced and multicultural teams are experts in areas of Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions (GCRS) and Audit and Accounting Advisory (AAA) – both operating through our Centre of Excellence in Ireland, Effective Financial Reporting (EFR), Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Global Payroll Solutions (GPS).
The characteristics of the target client base we are selling to are as follows:
- complex clients and group structures;
- technically demanding;
- driving efficiency and change;
- looking for value;
- want a single point of contact ;
- sophisticated procurement processes; and
- often SEC regulated.
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team. It involves working closely with Partners and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton but also with key people from our multinational client base.
- Take responsibility for a portfolio of FAAS audit clients which includes Irish/UK and international audits;
- Overseeing the detailed audit work of assistant managers and seniors on audits
- Liaising closely with clients in relation to planning and closing meetings, and discussing business developments generally
- Reviewing audit work papers
- Provide guidance/expertise and participate in the performance of audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues.
- Assist the team including motivating them, allocating on the job tasks for audits and completing staff and job allocation, job planning, training needs, staff issues, identification of resources required etc.;
- For the more technically demanding audits, there may be the need to on site manage and assist in the performance of complex sections such as Share Based Compensation, Revenue Recognition and other critical areas as defined in the audit process.
- Supervise and train more junior members of the dedicated FAAS staff to ensure that firm standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process;
- Playing a key role in the development of new business, through participation in industry and potential client focus groups.
Individual’s experience, skills and attributes
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 5 years post qualification experience in audit;
- Experience from a top ten firm
- Audit experience of large Irish companies or multinational entities;
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS and Irish GAAP;
- Some knowledge or awareness of US GAAP would be a benefit;
- The ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Previous experience with documenting testing, results and finding in an electronic auditing package;
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others; and
- Be commercially aware.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.