The Business Analyst role is designed to handle a variety of management information reporting and accounting issues, utilizing experience and analytical skills to assess problems and design solutions. The successful candidate must possess strong communication skills and be capable of developing relationships with various stakeholders.
Strategy, planning, appraisal and reporting:
- Understands the business and the link between own role and the business strategy
- Prepare all input to the financial performance assessment process
- Attend business performance review meeting / challenge business on performance
- Challenges and agrees proposal of forecast/latest estimates updates with their budget holders, communicates the proposal to the relevant Country Finance Managers
- Responsible for correct, reliable and meaningful analysis of financial data to enable value adding MI and understanding of key cost drivers impact, reasonable variance analysis and interventions
- Responsible for Cost Allocation Management, investigates and resolves unallocated balances
- Supports the Reporting team with detailed variance analysis for Group reporting/MI reporting
- Provides input to statutory reporting
- Prepare data analysis on request
- Ensures partner billings and cash-calls are in line with agreed Work Program& Budget
- Understands the Joint Venture Agreements and can interpret JVA requirement to financial requirements/system structures. This includes the partner reporting structures including country specifics.
- Collate and co-ordinate Joint Venture Work Program & Budget, analyze variances and reports to Finance Managers/other Analysts, participation in partner meetings
- Monthly JV partner reporting and variance comments/analysis input
Governance, risk and assurance:
- Ensure compliance with the Shell Group Control Framework and relevant standards/guidelines. Identify and Manage Financial Risks. Participate as line resource in Audits or Reviews that form part of the Assurance Plan of the company as required.
- Financial controls execution
- Focal point role for external auditors, supporting Finance Managers in closing of audit findings
- Provide data to tax for tax reporting as specified by the tax function
- University degree in a finance related discipline
- At least 1 year of experience in budgeting, planning and management reporting areas
- Good understanding of dataflows across various SAP environments
- Fluent English
- Business partnering and influencing skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication skills to be capable of developing effective relationships with stakeholders and business partners
- Expected to identify opportunities for optimization
- Commercial mindset
- Ownership of business targets and results
- Ability to translate business goals and value driving factors into financial and accounting requirements
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and expertise to perform work independently with minimal supervision
- VBA/SQL experience considered as an advantage
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.