EMEA Accounting Product Manager, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Reporting to the MD, EMEA Head of Accounting Product, the Accounting Product Manager will be responsible for driving Accounting Product strategy for Asset Managers in Luxembourg and Ireland, the two prominent fund domiciles of choice in Europe including Alternatives, with an eye toward growth and margin improvement.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Product Development, Assistant Vice President you will
- Develop strategic vision for individual products and their integration with the broader accounting ecosystem for the Asset Managers segments and Alternatives segment in EMEA with specific focus on Luxembourg and Ireland
- Conduct market research to identify trends that affect the product line for existing products as well as the opportunity to introduce new adjacent offerings
- Maintain a pulse on related service delivery results to drive product improvement
- Create business cases for product development and monitor ROI
- Work with Sales and Coverage teams responsible for clients to grow the business, monitoring pipeline and providing guidance around opportunity
- Drive industry initiatives research and communication
- Responsible for product positioning within the market
- Maintains the product roadmap
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Proven experience in Product Management/Business Analysis in the financial services industry (either a Financial Technology provider or a Financial Services company)
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills for this highly visible position requiring frequent, very articulate communication
- Knowledgeable of accounting requirements for various fund types/structures and security types in EMEA across the Asset Manager segments
- Knowledgeable of accounting requirements for Alternative fund types/structures (Hedge Funds, Private Markets, Real Estate etc.)
- Fund Accounting operational knowledge as well as BPI (Business Process Improvement) experience
- Both assertive and collaborative, able to navigate a matrixed organization to get things done
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Knowledge of “best of breed” technologies (e.g.Geneva, InvestOne, Eagle Pace, MultiFonds, SimCorp Dimension, Linedata etc.) used for investment accounting is a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.