Audit Assistant Manager
1. Job Purpose:
Responsibility for a small portfolio of Audit clients & associated audit workflow, whilst supporting senior colleagues across all audit job requirements, providing a high quality client service experience whilst ensuring adherence to individual job budgets and maximum fee recovery
2. Scope/Reach & Key Relationships
- Ownership of small client portfolio/contacts for ongoing management and development
- Partners and colleagues in other service lines who are key stakeholders in audit clients
- Supervision of Audit seniors/semi seniors & assistants
- Supporting the service line’s business development activities
- Government bodies and external organisations such as HMRC
3. Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Job/Workflow & Technical Management
- Ensure the planning & prioritising of all relevant client audit work within own and others’ clients
- Preparation or delegation of key client audit work in line with agreed budget ensuring adherence to the KR Way standards of performance document (in particular The Life of an Audit) liaising with the Manager upwards where necessary on overly complex areas
- To proactively look for ways to maximise audit efficiency
- Ensure establishment of scope and budget for each piece of client audit work under own control and ensure adequate briefing to team members where relevant
- Work on complex consolidations & accounts, & more complex audit areas
- Act as a key point of contact for any ‘outsourced’ team members
- Monitor work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with all clients and internal stakeholders on progress for each key task or phase
- Research seeking to resolve issues for upward communication in more complex clients or higher risk aspects of audit work
- Ensure proactive management of instances where the ‘work done’ exceeds the agreed client fee and ensure agreement of a mutually acceptable outcome
- Complete administration on audit files and set up relevant file reviews ensuring all sections (including complex technical areas) are of a standard to be reviewed by a manager and an RI
- Clearance of manager & RI points
- Ensure completion of processing for clients in other managers/senior managers/director portfolios
- Ensure preparation of bills for own client audit work done and ensure they are sent to the client in a timely manner
- Keep APS workflow up to date
Client, Internal and External Organisational Contact
- Manage, support and develop a small client portfolio, ensuring the maximising of client advocacy & fee levels from own portfolio, ensuring proactive contact at key times (eg timetable planning)
- Act as a key point of contact for other audit clients so as to maximise delivered work
- Return phone calls and written correspondence to all of the above within required deadline and ensure promises are kept
- Attend/lead Audit review and close down meetings for own clients as required
- Proactively contact clients when items of interest or benefit to the client arise therefore adding value
- Provide appropriate access and support for other internal departments to own Audit clients so as to assist the cross selling of services into the Audit client base
- Ensure client hygiene factors are in place, AML, KYC reviews, engagement letters, etc
Leadership, People Management and Development
- Supervise seniors, semi seniors & assistants who are involved in production and delivery of audit work
- Ensure clear task plans & milestones for each piece of audit work
- Provide feedback to all team members involved in specific audit work on adherence to standards, errors, learnings and opportunity for value add
- Participation in delivery of local and regional training for new starters and more junior employees as agreed with audit managers
New Business Development
- Support the Audit team in delivering the required departmental incremental fee target via networking (internal & external), meeting attendance, business pitches, presenting at webinars, and contribute to, research for and/or write articles (optional)
- Develop internal Kreston Reeves connections such that access and support are identified by other internal departments to their own client base & cross referral opportunities identified
4. Values – Demonstrates ‘living’ of the company’s values.
- Understand - Be curious, ask more & listen. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes.
- Look Ahead - Anticipate the future, plan for it, and embrace the benefits of change.
- Make it Personal - Adapt to others’ needs, flex your style to get the best outcome for every situation.
- Be Crystal Clear - Consult others, give helpful feedback; ensure people know what’s going on, and how it impacts on them.
- Be Human - Invest time in building strong relationships, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and help others to grow.
We are looking for someone with technical expertise and experience of auditing listed clients and PIEs. The successful candidate will be able to display:
- Experience of reviewing IFRS accounts and completion of IFRS disclosure checklists
- Experience of working on high quality technical audits of PIEs / listed audits (AIM and Full Market)
- To assist with the technical development of junior staff and in building a new team
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.