Extended Assurance Manager / Senior Manager - Financial Services - Leeds or Manchester
EY’s Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and we are expanding our teams in Manchester and Leeds. This growth offers great opportunities for learning and progression.
Our Extended Assurance team aims to provide confidence to our clients and their stakeholders through the rigorous independent assessment of process and controls across industries such as Banking & Capital Markets and Wealth & Asset Management. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
Current turbulent markets are driving significant changes to all firms’ internal processes, for example through regulatory reporting or demands for better or new management information. Frequently, these new processes will differ from the processes used to prepare financial statements – and it may not be possible to reconcile the two. This disconnect leads to management concern that the output is inaccurate and that this may result in a reputational impact and a fine. Extended Assurance provides assurance around these processes.
Your key responsibilities:
- Desire to build / develop a career in assisting clients with controls assessments / improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) opinion.
- Practical experience of regulatory topics such as Internal Audit, Regulatory Compliance, Prudential Reporting, Suitability/Affordability or Conduct of Business.
- Ability to lead teams and deliver our solutions to meet client needs, preferably demonstrated in a professional services environment.
- Practical experience of conducting Controls Assurance projects; such as risk assessments of the design and suitability of control frameworks with an ability to provide robust challenge (including reporting under ISAE 3402 or similar frameworks)
- Flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work and lead under pressure.
- Market network / knowledge a benefit.
Skills and attributes for success:
We are looking for assurance professionals, which are likely to be ACA, ACCA, CIMA, US CPA or CA qualified, who have a strong background in Financial Services. Candidates should have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an auditor / advisor or within industry.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- At successful track record working in financial services having either trained in a Big 4 or a top tier bank graduate programme in audit or Finance. The ideal candidate would have a combination of professional services assurance and industry experience.
- Degree level education ideally with a professional qualification, either in practice ACA/ CA/ ACCA / US CPA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) or an equivalent in industry, ACCA, CIMA.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the of the Banking & Capital Markets and/or Wealth & Asset Management sectors.
- Experience of assurance / audit work either as an external auditor, internal auditor, regulator, forensic / financial remediation work or through controls reviews / initiatives.
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Experience of working with regulator mandated projects, such as s166 (or equivalent), either on behalf of the regulator or industry participant a benefit.
What we look for:
Join us and you'll work on exciting projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to a career that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have every opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note:Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implementations that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
We’re building the workplace of the future at EY – a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible. We're embracing change and helping our clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth.That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.