Audit Director - Residential Service Charge Audit
BDO LLP is a key member of the BDO global network of public accounting, tax and advisory firms. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 167 countries, with 91,000 people working out of 1,658 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $10.3bn. Being a member of the BDO global network allows us to meet the needs of clients who are growing and trading internationally.
UK revenue is £660m but new results will be out at end of month
The Residential Service Charge (RSC) Audit team currently comprises a Partner, Director and 8 staff members delivering a portfolio in excess of £1.25m. The team utilises the resources of an offshore delivery team for certain elements of the audit work performed.
As part of our succession planning, we are looking for an additional director to: oversee the operational model; be the Responsible Individual for signing audit opinions across our RSC portfolio; develop and implement our strategy through thinking ahead and proactively providing ways to grow and improve our business; and take initiative to deliver change.
- Take ownership for developing strategy and implementing the business plan.
- Take leadership of own strategic focus area and deliver plan.
- Lead a portfolio of clients, focusing on exceptional client service and efficient delivery of services.
- Be the Responsible Individual (RI) for approving RSC audit opinion across our portfolio
- Strong management of profitability of client portfolio. Seek and implement innovative ways in which to improve financial performance.
- Build strong relationships at the highest level within existing clients to generate new opportunities.
- Undertake business development activities generating new opportunities by developing network contacts to manage a pipeline and sell services.
- Effectively manage business risk, constantly promoting the firm’s risk management policies and seek to improve quality at all times.
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion.
- Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals and link with business objectives.
- Continue your own professional development throughout your career, building on your technical, leadership, project management and communication skills.
- This role may suit individuals currently working in an audit practice or those with significant senior management experience working within Residential or Commercial Service Charge finance functions considering a move into practice.
- Previous involvement in delivering audit or assurance services and/or significant management experience within Residential or Commercial Service charge finance functions
- Managing and developing staff i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising and recruiting
- Experience in delivering business development activities
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework
ACA / ACCA qualified or equivalentFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.