System Management and Reporting Analyst - Audit, Professional Practices
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at APAC_Talent_Acquisition_Communications@ntrs.com
The System Management & Reporting Analyst role on the Professional Practices Team is responsible for providing operational and administrative support for the Audit Services Department, including internal reporting, Audit Services system management and analytics. The Professional Practices Team is an independent function within the Northern Trust internal audit department that is responsible for the Department’s methodology, training, quality assurance activities, reporting, and other administrative activities to support ongoing operations. More specifically, the role is responsible for supporting the Professional Practices Team in fulfilling its objectives by conducting and improving the reporting and follow-up processes on intra-departmental activities; supporting the development of senior management, affiliate and corporate audit committee, and board reports; and assisting to perform and maintain certain internal controls important to activities performed within the Audit Services Department and required by regulation.
The Analyst will support and engage with global audit teams to deliver the required materials.
Additionally, the role will also be responsible for supporting the Professional Practices Team in fulfilling its objectives by ensuring the electronic work paper system (TeamMate) supports the Department’s methodology and reporting requirements. The successful candidate will support and engage with global audit teams to ensure that TeamMate is delivering the requirements needed for auditors to execute and report on audit projects.
This position will report locally to the Audit Manager in Manila, and will be aligned to the Professional Practices Team in Chicago.
- Organizational and Stakeholder Management
- Establishes and develops strong working relationships and open communication with the members of the Professional Practices Team within Audit Services
- Provides perspective on TeamMate’s support to the overall internal audit methodology, protocols, and reporting. Also, provides point of view on the internal audit methodology, protocols, and reporting
Operational - System Management
- Responsible for the maintenance of the TeamMate manual including updates relating to changes in methodology and configuration changes within the tool
- Researches new releases to TeamMate and makes recommendations on how the department should implement new functionality
- Triages user issues, including troubleshooting issues with partners and escalating issues to TeamMate support
- Proposes and drafts department wide communications on TeamMate best practices and changes to functionality
- Maintains records on feedback from Audit Services partners regarding TeamMate functionality suggestions and proposed action steps
- Tracks various metrics on vendor performance and escalates when necessary
- Leads regular meetings with audit services leadership on proposed configuration changes, user feedback, and new or changing functionality
Operational – Reporting
- Produces department management reporting using MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Assists in the regular maintenance and updates of the Internal Audit Manual
- Composes and creates internal and external correspondences, reports, and presentations. Maintains confidentiality of correspondence records, presentations, and reports
- Communicates and acts as a liaison between internal business partners and Audit Services responding to inquiries and/or special requests
- Works on special projects, such as gathering, inputting and compiling information for reports as required by the Audit Services Professional Practices Team
- Perform certain quality assurance activities over audit steps
- Prioritizes and handles multiple projects with accuracy
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision
- Works independently, ask questions, and facilitates discussions that reach decisions
- Coordinates and schedules meetings and training for the department
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred
- Audit experience is not required, but understanding of audit-related and internal control topics is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Statistics, or Accounting is preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of Operations experience
- Knowledge of concepts and tools in data analytics is preferred
- Self-starter with an ability to self-motivate
- With analytical, organizational and problem solving skills with keen to detail
- Ability to react and respond on a timely basis
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure during peak periods
- Must be a team player
- Willing to work at 5am – 2pm Manila time
- Temporary work arrangement during pandemic: Work from home until further notice