Head of IFDS Europe, SVP
IFDS is a 50/50 joint venture between Boston-based State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, and Connecticut-based SS&C Technologies, a global provider of investment and financial software-enabled services and software for the global financial services and healthcare industries.
With its global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and offices in Dublin, Ireland and Luxembourg, IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. IFDS’ technology is used by over 240 financial organizations around the world, enabling solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. With over 1,700 employees and partners located throughout Canada, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, the IFDS enterprise supports more than 18 million accounts with AUA of CAD $4.7 trillion.
As the lead of the IFDS businesses in Ireland and Luxembourg within the joint venture structure, the Head of Europe oversees the management of all functional aspects for both locally managed, regulated entities and, via staff in Ireland, Luxembourg, Canada, India and Asia, marshals the organization’s resources to meet client and shareholder requirements, optimize effectiveness and grow the business.
Reporting to the CEO of IFDS and as a member of IFDS’ global leadership team, the Head of IFDS Europe contributes to the development of the global strategy and delivery against strategic objectives for Ireland and Luxembourg. Within the European context, IFDS is a consistent key partner to both shareholders delivering their TA solution within the bundled market.
Providing oversight to the two locally managed, regulated entities via the local Heads of Ireland and Luxembourg, the individual is responsible for aligning the organization’s resources against strategic priorities, fostering a client-centric culture and maintaining a committed, engaged and capable workforce to enable the businesses to achieve the expected levels of growth and profitability within agreed upon timelines. In addition, the Head of IFDS Europe will actively support the growth of IFDS Europe by participating in business development activities, successfully integrating new clients, and drive change across the operation to increase scale. Responsibilities also include providing oversight within the global model across all corporate functions within the European entities – Operations, Finance, Risk Management, Onboarding, Compliance and Human Resources.
The successful candidate will leverage their demonstrated ability and related experience in senior roles within Financial Services involving responsibility for managing service delivery through a complex delivery model to multiple clients and navigating a multi-faceted regulatory and Board structure.
- Contribute to the development of IFDS’ global strategy as a member of the global leadership team
- Implement and monitor key performance indicators, both operational and financial, and deliver against expected results
- Undertake progressive talent management practices to maintain a high performing workforce of engaged staff
- Leverage a global footprint (Ireland, Luxembourg, Canada, India, Asia) to drive stable, metric-based performance, operational effectiveness and productivity enhancements to optimize client experience and organizational effectiveness
- Develop, communicate and implement effective growth, transformation and long-term business goals in the context of all client and stakeholder interests
- Develop key relationships within IFDS, and within client and stakeholder organizations to further IFDS’ business objectives and resolve issues within a uniquely structured entity
- Manage the Operations functions to ensure stable, efficient service delivery
- Oversee the successful completion of projects and onboarding of new clients
- Manage risk and regulatory compliance to the highest standards within each local jurisdiction and oversee key aspects of IFDS’ relationships with regulators (CSSF, CBI)
- Participate as a Board member on Ireland and Luxembourg Boards, potentially as Board Chair
- Champion change across the organization to build scale and optimize service delivery in a growth environment
- Oversee all Financial aspects of the business and deliver on the P&L requirements for each location
- Significant experience within a global Financial Services organization in executive roles working directly with clients across the relationship management life cycle including sales, onboarding, customer success, and operational effectiveness, and general management experience; experience with Transfer Agency an asset
- Ability to shift from formulating strategy to hands on implementing and executing operational plans
- Experience managing outsourced and offshore providers to deliver on a 24/7 operating model
- A proven record of accomplishment for effective team management and results-driven leadership through a collaborative approach in a role of equivalent scope
- Demonstrated ability to navigate relationships with multiple stakeholders including clients, partners and shareholders in a complex, global service delivery model
- Prior Board experience and hands on direct experience interacting with regulators (eg. CBI, CSSF)
- Strong financial acumen and related corporate financial management experience including responsibility for the P&L
- Experience in a global company with multi-country responsibility and demonstrated cross-cultural effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.