Reference Data , Middle Office , Assistant Manager
Alpha Middle Office team
The role of Middle Office in the organization is to handle critical and time sensitive controls, executions and decisions within investment operations. MO teams are responsible for position management, trade confirmation and settlements, corporate action processing, collateral management, cash and position reconciliation. Many teams have direct contact with clients and act on their behalf while interacting with internal and external parties.
AM of Reference Data and Pricing is responsible for providing a high quality, fit for purpose and efficient reference data and pricing service to customers, regulators and key stakeholders.
Knowledge of Aladdin platform is desirable.
- Ensure that data and pricing issues are managed with the relevant stakeholders and escalated appropriately.
- Accountable for developing the function and people, working with peers to ensure appropriate training and development of the team is in place and being executed.
- Ensure the team is appropriately resourced; managing direct reports, including: day-to-day activities, regular meetings to understand progress and issues, annual performance reviews and appraisals.
- Work with the key stakeholders across M&G and State Street to understand the business priorities and expectations in order to implement, communicate and support the team where change is necessary.
- Responsible for the oversight of pricing for fund management activities, reporting and compliance purposes as aligned to policy.
- Responsible for the oversight of reference and static data activities, ensuring a robust control environment.
- Responsible for the escalation of any valuation issues to the appropriate business unit(s) across M&G and State Street.
- Key contact for audit pertaining to valuation, reference data and SSIs.
- Appropriate oversight of client appointed third parties aligned to business and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the team’s mailbox on behalf of the Reference Data and Pricing Team, including support of third-party queries.
- Manage the team’s activities in accordance with the Operational Risk Framework.
- Produce operational MI for the team to the M&G Investment Data Sourcing team.
- Liaise with auditors where appropriate to ensure the team’s processes are in line with regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with vendors such as Markit, Refinitiv and BlackRock for ongoing support for our data and valuation needs.
- Collaborate with business SMEs to ensure execution of the changes at the business operating model and process level
- Act as a liaison between the business and IT to scope out, assess feasibility and drive the digital transformation strategy, to include aspects of automation, AI and ML.
- Conduct baselining of key metrics corresponding to all the changes, by identifying the key parameters to be measured for each implementation and partnering with business to gather adequate data.
- Manage, track and report on the progress of each initiative across functions to drive successful execution
- Assess, identify and mitigate the risk areas for each initiative and actively work on activities to report the risk to appropriate forums, escalate to management where required and drive actions for mitigation
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes as well as assists with client conversions and other client projects.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent. Professional qualification like CA, CMA, CPA is a plus
- Overall 7-12 years and substantial relevant experience in middle office operations, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity
- Proficient in the middle office functions like trade life cycle, treasury ops, derivatives, income, corp actions, reference data is required
Knowledge of Aladdin platform is desirable.
- Understanding of operational functions within middle office operations. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems
- Should have worked directly with clients and counterparties in a global context
- Should have led operations at a global level, across countries & regions
- Should have experience of end to end ownership of operations, with direct accountability on business, client and risk metrics (including losses)
- Demonstrated leadership beyond operations, working with Risk, Technology, Automation and Change groups to drive BAU and transformation at scale
- Being comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work with well with teams, particularly ones that span different reporting lines, cut across multiple functions and geographies
- Proven leadership skills as well as managing and developing a high performing operations teams
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding financial goals through expense discipline and headcount management, experience on investment decisions is desired
- Proven ability to generate innovation ideas, manage project pipeline and ultimately transform businesses
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach and influence colleagues and virtual team members
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment to achieve results
- Should be open to work in EMEA and/or North American shift hours as needed by the business
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.