Senior Business Adviser - Business Services & Outsourcing Reading
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll help you succeed
This is an opportunity to join a fast growing team in a vibrant and modern office environment to hone your financial reporting skills and help to drive the development of the Financial Reporting (‘FR’) team. FR is a specialist team, independent from audit, who sit within Business Services and Outsourcing (‘BSO’). FR concentrate on complex financial reporting including preparation of complex financial statements under a range of accounting frameworks including FRS 102 and 101 as well as providing support to clients with auditor liaison, ad hoc technical queries, for example, accounting for mergers, demergers and technical training. As an FR senior you will take responsibility for running assignments under manager supervision. You will take an active role in identifying potential issues and communicating the client’s needs and potential solutions to the managers. In addition to client facing work you will also work to provide support to the management team on departmental issues including coaching and feedback to more junior members of staff, ensuring compliance with the stream’s policies and procedures and the firm’s risk management procedures. Key skills: Confident communicator, team player and able to research and resolve technical challenges. You will also:
- Prepare single and consolidated entity financial statements using all parts of the software including cashflow and consolidations
- Prepare a consolidated cashflow statements for groups including foreign currency transactions, acquisitions and disposals
- Identify potential issues with the consolidation along with the proposing solutions
- Assist in research of complex technical area and offer solutions
- Assist in preparing share options calculations including disclosures, and adding accounting entries to tax papers
- Complies with the Ethics Standard 5 for non-audit services
- Understand the logic of a cashflow statement enabling issues to be identifies and solutions proposed
- Start to manage a portfolio of clients
- Maintain and build relationships with clients and ensure that all communications are conducted in a professional manner
- Understanding the clients target aspirations, goals and needs whilst suggesting proposed solutions to them
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the commercial environment and its impact on the clients business, whilst demonstrating a clear understanding of the context of their work
- Understand the finance and accounting functions generally performed by a business (eg sales, purchasing, A/R etc) and common best practices/processes for how they operate
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone who has:
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of FRS102, FRS101 with the ability to apply both accounting frameworks
- Experience in a trainee or senior role, including delivering statutory accounts preparation or audit services to large businesses.
- Excellent working knowledge of financial reporting requirements as well as previous experience preparing statutory accounts, consolidations and cash flows.
- Working knowledge of IFRSs.
- Evidence of ability to research technical accounting matters.
- Robust under pressure, demonstrating strong organisational skills
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Self-motivation and able to use own initiative
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan; take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.