Associate / Senior Associate, (Financial Audit/Internal Audit IT), Business Consulting
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Technology Risk services are designed for the dual purpose of strengthening internal controls and, in so doing, helping to improve IT and business performance. In addition to technology-related engagements such as financial attestation and ISAE 3402 engagements, our IT risk advisory services focus on IT governance and effectiveness; IT program management and assurance; security and controls of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations; and business intelligence and information analysis.
You will develop skills that you will value for your entire career. You will also work with tomorrow’s business leaders and gain hands on best practice experience.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior / Associate within the Technology Risk team, you will participate in multiple client engagement teams and other related activities. Engagements focus on the assessment and/or evaluation of Information Technology (IT) systems and the mitigation of IT-related business risks. Engagements may be either assurance (attestation) and/or risk advisory in nature and vary considerably in size and complexity.
You will serve as a fieldwork leader to assist clients in employing proper information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk.
You will work with client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems facilitating the business internal control process, and will assist clients and other IT Risk & Assurance professionals in performing information technology control and security engagements.
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents.
- Work with the engagement team to document the business processes dependent on information technology
- Serve as a fieldwork leader by directing the daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status, and managing staff performance
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems
- Use knowledge of the current IT environment and industry IT trends to identify the engagement and client service issues, and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
To qualify for the role you must have
- A recognized university degree in accounting, business, information technology, engineering, mathematics or other relevant discipline
- Willingness to travel on overseas assignment as the need arises
- Project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Leadership, teamwork and client service skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA, CIPP, CGEIT certification
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.