Analyst - Manage HC Inventory
- Ensure that all request are approved, reviewed and updated into system according to agreed timeline
- Execute and ensure timely completion of all the activities of the Stock Valuation & Margin Segmentation Team including the running of stock valuation programs at month end, which includes FIFO, NRV, CCS, COGS, GINI and GRANI
- Complete Blackline balance sheet reconciliation and update status on a monthly basis
- Capture manual journal entries in GSAP R/3
- Ensure compliance with all Global standards and streamline policies (i.e. OMP policies and IFRS standards)
- Identify and understand key components/movements in Inventories GL and key contract details updated in the system (e.g. fixed price/ formula price).
- Understand and implement the corresponding financial controls associated with the process to mitigate financial reporting risks
- Ensure timely storage of evidence on task carried out in Global Records Management System
- Provide information to direct stakeholders timely, accurately, and professionally
- Identify and assist in developing solutions for issues identified for operating units in scope of role
- Apply ESSA (Eliminate, Simplify, Standardize, Automate) mindset to drive process simplification and improvement
- Looking for someone who is keen to experience migration activity/GSAP implementation. Able to pick up fast and work with minimal supervision
- Provide support to the team on Continuous Improvement projects
- Understand the process underlying business implications and its impact on process steps
- Build end-to-end business and process knowledge, as well as market- and country-specific knowledge of customers
- Manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Ensure tight compliance to key FCM Controls around Group reporting
- Establish and maintain good working relations with stakeholders
Process: E2E CPT and Stock Valuation
Geographical Scope: Shell Lubricants Japan
Reports directly to Operations Manager
Ensures that Shell has a true and precise representation of purchases/sales transactions and stock levels for use in the Group’s financial reporting. Contributes to the Hydrocarbon Supply Chain Management via daily and monthly operational tasks and processes with corresponding operation of financial controls.
This role impacts cash flows, payables and receivables, as well as ending inventory figures in the Financial Statements. It also impacts Contribution Margins in the company’s Profit & Loss Statement and also has an indirect impact on other Hydrocarbon processes due to connectivity with Contracts & Pricing, Stock Reconciliation, HM Exchange, and Stock Valuation.
- Degree in Finance/Accounting, preferably with professional certification (i.e. ACCA/CIMA/CPA, etc.)
- Strong financial background and understanding of internal controls
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in any Accounting-related field. (Understanding of SAP is an added advantage)
- Strong adherence to processes, policies, and procedures
- Good problem-solving skills, analytical abilities, and inquisitive mindset
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Understanding of product measurement and accounting practices, inventory management, costing and impact on stock valuations is an added advantage
- Capable of working under pressure and highly driven to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to integrate business and process knowledge
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.