Partnership Services Cash Team Analyst
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
The Transfer Agency Partnership Services department provides a third-party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, fees, and statements. The Partnership Services Cash Team is responsible for daily cash reconciliation, cash movement and exception reporting, as well as other cash control related activities within the department.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Process and quality check cash movement transactions through internal systems, to regulatory and client standards with a high degree of accuracy
- Conduct reconciliation of cash movement related activities
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- Research and resolve exceptions and issues
- Assist with escalated client issues and client responses regarding cash movement
- Prioritize daily tasks and work queues to accurately meet client deliverables across team’s client base; coordinate among team to meet deliverables
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency
- Identify and document new procedures and controls
- Work effectively as a team member but also independently
- A College or University degree and/or some relevant work experience is required
- Good oral and written communication skills are required
- Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Knowledge of HedgeTek, trade processing and associated effects on cash movements including trade status, fees, etc is preferred
- Knowledge of cash movement and record keeping systems including WCM, GCM, EDM, Fundmaster, ERM is preferred
- Knowledge of reconciliation and reporting tools including TLM GXM, IIP, Treasury Passport is preferred
- Enhanced excel skills (ex: vlookups, macros, tables) or desire and ability to learn advanced excel functions