IFS Tax Manager, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for:
State Street Company, seeks a Tax Manager at AVP level who will be responsible for the growth and delivery of European tax services for both hedge funds and mutual funds out of our Boston office, USA.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As the IFS Tax Manager, AVP you will:
- Supervise tax calculations for clients on a daily, monthly, and/or yearly basis for German, Austrian and UK tax
- Review of year-end book/tax adjustments (Deemed Distributed Income)
- Assist business groups on local tax compliance requirements.
- Assist in the delivery of on the job training and development of other administrators.
- Ensure business standards and client deadlines are met on a consistent basis
- Escalate client issues where necessary
- Grow the business by identifying service creeps and promote new business opportunities
- Identify any gaps on GTS (Global Tax Service) and work with business processes group on GTS developments
- Attend department training and maintain knowledge of European tax laws
- Adhere to procedures in relation to all tasks
- Identify process efficiencies in the course of their daily work and propose to line managers
- Gain broad expertise on company products
- Build and maintain internal network of contacts
- Deal with clients and internal business groups on ad-hoc tax queries.
- Day to day communications with other departments at State Street
- Communicate with managers on status of assignments/projects
- Provide/seek regular feedback to team leader
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Act as an effective team player & deputize for immediate supervisor when appropriate
- Show organization skills for oneself and others
- Display effective team focus by assisting colleagues in their daily routine
- Positively influencing team morale in order to achieve set standards and goals
- Show willingness to assume additional tasks in order to share workload within team/department
- Display initiative
- Display awareness of daily work levels and overall business needs by identifying and taking prompt action on priority items, displaying effective time management Qualifications.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Sound knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office and strong knowledge of Excel
- Ability to develop relationships at all management levels both internally and with our customers
- Strong problem resolution and analytical abilities.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Self-sufficient and motivated
- Attention to detail and concern for quality
- Strong client service focus
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Ability to work proactively both on own initiative and as part of a team
- Typically candidate will have 5-7 years relevant experience within Taxation or Investment Funds environment, preferably with exposure to European Investor Tax Reporting and/or fund accounting for hedge funds or mutual funds
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.