Audit Project Leader
The Internal Audit mission is to contribute to the effectiveness of the Company's internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency. The opportunity is for an Audit Project Lead and will be based in Manchester.
- Lead or participate in delivering complex and challenging audits
- Lead or participate in the end-to-end planning, fieldwork and reporting of audit assignments - this will require consideration of complex, judgemental business processes and decisions
- Identify meaningful issues impacting business and operations under review, challenging management to ensure appropriate remedial action has been taken to address the issues identified.
- Prepare draft audit reports
- Follow-up of audit actions and where necessary testing their implementation.
- Build and proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Act as a subject matter expert for Internal Audit
- Contributes to the development of the annual audit plan.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry best practice and regulatory requirements
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed by audit senior management.
- Represents Internal Audit on projects and at management meetings/committees.
- 5-10 years experience working in financial services or banking, within Third Line Internal Audit or Second Line Risk or Compliance Monitoring
- Substantial operations, conduct and governance understanding and exposure
- In depth knowledge of audit methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of UK and EU regulation and key areas of regulatory focus from the FCA/PRA /EBA
- Strong communication, influencing skills and confident in communicating with stakeholders both internal and external both written and verbal with the ability to influence at a senior level
- Self-starter with a high degree of self-sufficiency
- Excellent planning, co-ordination, organisation, and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge and use of Excel and other Microsoft software – PowerPoint, Word, Visio
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience and have completed a recognised relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. CIA, CMIIA, ACA, ACCA), but not essential
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.