Commodities Sales Assistant
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Commodities is one of the leading global commodities services firm providing a wide range of services to clients across different commodities as well in transacting in some physical commodities going forward.
Background on the Team:
Morgan Stanley Commodities Sales team headquartered in Singapore provides services to clients Pan Asia. Team is split across energy and non-energy sales.
This role will require the individual to support the Commodities sales team on a wide array of tasks ranging from more administrative issues to front line, market-related activity. Candidate will work to support the Asian team in servicing and covering clients. Candidate must be able to work well under pressure, communicate well and be able to manage his/her workflow optimally.
Primary role is to assist the team with market requirements such as
- End-to-end client servicing / Independently managing the onboarding process, migration of client accounts to different entities, trade booking etc.
- Work closely and independently with various documentation, risk, settlement teams for items above
- Routine and ad-hoc Pitch book preparation and market reports
- Prepare market commentary and trade ideas
- Trade modelling/analysis (Modeling of credit exposures, PE 95 calculations, ROE calculations etc)
- Run correlation analysis and perform statistical analysis across different products
- Build and manage analytical tools used to support traders with real time analysis of petrochemicals markets
- Work closely with the Sales team to find new clients and identify potential hedging requirements
Skills required (essential)
Candidate should be able to:
- Basic understanding and interest in Financial Markets and Commodities
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Organizational skills
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel for spreadsheet analysis work, essential
- Ideally, 1-2 years of work experience in financial markets, banking or related financial services
- Languages spoken – English (Fluent), Mandarin (1st Preference) Japanese or Korean
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.