Financial Systems IT Control Partner
Get to know our Team
- The Internal Controls and SOX team is a newly established team responsible for:
- Ensuring the Group’s compliance with SOX regulations, and internal control good practices
- Ensure effective and efficient financial policies, processes, and controls are in place
- Safeguarding of company assets through mitigating financial risks & exposures
- Continuous improvements on financial operation through implementing innovative solutions
We make an impact by working with multiple business stakeholders to understand and improve internal controls. Our team is made up of intellectually curious professionals who are keen to apply their knowledge and experience in a dynamic setting. If you are looking for the opportunity to shape the control environment at a fast-paced and dynamic technology firm, then you should join our team!
Get to know the Role:
We are looking for a Financial Systems IT Control Partner to provide IT advisory on the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting. We believe a successful candidate has ample IT audit and risk advisory experience in the technology industry, but if you believe you have what it takes then we’d love to hear from you either way. In return, you will get an opportunity to apply your expertise and be the internal go-to person on IT risks and controls.
The day-to-day activities:
- Report to the Regional Financial Systems IT Control Partner
- Assist in SOX scoping and risk assessment activities
- Collaborate with SOX team, Finance, Operations, Group Technology Services, and Engineering to understand, evaluate and document IT controls
- Assess deficiencies identified, work with stakeholders to identify action plans and follow-up on remediation activities to verify resolution
- Assist in development of test plans and testing for IT general controls and IT applications controls.
- A good Degree in Business, Engineering, Information Technology (IT) or related disciplines with an IT focus
- Professional certification (e.g., CISA)
- 6-10 years of IT audit and risk advisory experience (including Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Effective verbal, written, and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical ability to understand business issues associated with IT processes and related risks and controls, identifying root causes and recommending solutions
- Proficiency in productivity tools (Google suite, email, calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience and knowledge in the following:
- Strong confidence for interaction with key stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable with current industry standards such as COBIT
- IT Audit and Control experience in Big 4 or leading organisations, with a focus on the technology and/or online Internet economy sector
- Demonstrated track record in leading engagements within a professional services or consulting environment, combined with ability to work in teams effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills, both oral and written
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Effective project management skills and a demonstrated ability to follow through and complete tasks within tight deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls, IT security controls risks assessment, management and governance, fraud, auditing techniques, and methodologies
- Strong technical competencies and capabilities in audits of infrastructure, network, and applications of different platforms managed by different departments or teams.
- Able to work independently, a good team player, and resourceful with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidates with the above attributes and with CISA / CISSP certification, data analytics, and/or data science capabilities would have strong advantages.
- Strong understanding of MAS TRM, or other control requirements (Eg. SOX 404)
- Minimum University Degree in IT (additional Accounting qualification a plus)
- Proven track record in assessing IT General Computer Controls (networking, operating systems, systems software, information security, disaster recovery, system lifecycle and change management processes), conducting project reviews and in performing data analytics and CAATS script writing
- International exposure (US & APAC)