Who we are
Northern Trust is a preeminent global financial institution that provides asset servicing, investment management and wealth management services for institutions, high-net-worth individuals and families. For more than 130 years, our success has been anchored in one purpose: to serve as our clients’ most trusted financial partner, guarding and growing their assets as though they are our own. Our market-leading technological capabilities—spanning from artificial intelligence for currency management, blockchain for fund administration and cloud-based solutions to deliver personalized wealth management services—allow us to deliver the highest level of service to our clients with speed and precision.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986.
Northern Trust is recruiting for a Senior Auditor to join the Audit Services function to focus on audits of Northern Trust's Asset Servicing and Asset Management activities within APAC. Under general supervision, the role includes conducting and documenting audits throughout the Corporation. Based on skill sets and experience, the Senior Auditor will lead audit project teams, including providing audit team oversight and communicating results of the engagement to management. The role involves providing technical expertise and training to auditors within the engagement’s audit team. This role will work closely with Audit Specialists, Audit Team Leads and Audit Managers to confirm the scope of the audit and to devise an appropriate testing approach to be performed during the engagement.
This role will report to the Senior Manager, Audit Services.
What you will do
- Conducts complex, cross-functional, technically difficult, and high risk audit engagements throughout the Corporation with a focus on regulatory compliance, legal entity governance structure, predominantly within the APAC region
- Generally leads audit project teams, including being accountable that the audit engagement meets stated objectives and timeframes, adhering to Department Policies and Standards, and actively communicating results of the engagement
- Provides technical expertise and applies analytical skills to review information, performs assessments of the audit results, and evaluates the adequacy of controls
- Actively communicates the audit status to business unit and Audit Services management and is responsible for compiling findings and recommendations for the purpose of status updates, memos, and audit reports
- Provides training, coaching, and auditing expertise to the audit team
- Develops technical expertise towards becoming a reliable subject area expert to build authentic relationships with the team and auditee to be able to provide comprehensive, in-depth insight and leadership
- Balances between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
- Experience of auditing within a financial services audit environment, together with knowledge of risks and controls of these activities, including operational and compliance risks
- Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA, CA)
- Strong analytical, leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Strong report writing and workpaper documentation skills.
- A University degree and/or entry level auditing experience in a financial institution
As of 30 September 2021, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $15.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $12.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.5 trillion in assets under management
- $169 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience. Which Is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg, 2021 (4th consecutive year)
- Top ranking of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s, Corporate Equality Index, 2021 (For the 14th consecutive year, Northern Trust has scored 100% and earned the designation as a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality”)
In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.