Audit Manager, Group Treasury
Group Internal Audit (GIA), together with Credit Review, forms the 3rd line of defence for the Bank of Ireland Group. GIA's purpose is 'Helping Make Bank of Ireland Better'. To fulfil this purpose, GIA carries out risk based assignments, covering Group businesses and functions (including third party outsourcing providers, subject to the right to audit). GIA also provides additional insight through its attendance at key governance fora and committees across the Group. Key stakeholders include the Board ('Court'), the Group Audit Committee (GAC), the Court Risk Committee (CRC), key subsidiaries' audit and risk committees and senior management, as well as other key parties, including the Group's regulators and external auditors. GIA's findings are communicated to senior management and other key stakeholders, with remediation plans monitored for progress against agreed completion dates.
Description of business unit
The Group Treasury audit team is responsible for providing independent insight and opinion to key stakeholders on the effectiveness of the internal control environment within Group Treasury. (e.g. Asset and Liability Management, Wholesale Funding & Collateral, Capital Management; Regulatory Reporting, and Recovery and Resolution Planning).
You can find more about GIA on our Insite page. There you will see how we are organised, how we align to the Group's strategic priorities and our Ways of Working, including how we work in an agile manner.
Purpose of the Role
Working as part of a professional audit team you will assist in providing independent, challenging and risk focused assurance that meets our key stakeholders' needs. Our stakeholders include the Group Audit Committee, Court Risk Committee, Senior Management and regulators in Ireland, the UK and the US. The Group Treasury audit team within GIA provides reasonable risk-based assurance that risk is being appropriately managed within Group Treasury.
In this role, you will work as part of an assurance team and provide subject matter expertise over Group Treasury within the Group Finance division. In that capacity, you will develop a risk based audit plan, perform and lead individual audit assignments, undertake continuous monitoring, and establish and maintain effective relationships within Group Treasury. You will be part of a high-performing team of professionals, working together as a key enabler of the Group's strategic plan through the completion of high quality assurance work.
The role provides the unique opportunity to view the Group holistically. You will work closely with stakeholders across all divisions to obtain a detailed understanding of the key end-to-end processes and to develop technical knowledge through interpretation and application of reporting standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the key priorities, risks and challenges facing Group Treasury.
- Work closely with the Audit Director and Head of Audit to ensure that an appropriate assurance programme is devised and executed to provide objective and challenging risk based assurance on a range of key risks across Group Treasury.
- Effectively complete all phases of audit assignments (planning, execution and reporting) in a timely manner and in adherence with GIA's methodology and IIA professional standards.
- Review the resolution of audit issues within the agreed timelines.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders within Group Treasury in order to identify current and emerging risks.
- Support business units, where appropriate, in identifying the appropriate actions required to address and improve risk management practices and internal control frameworks.
- Build and maintain technical knowledge through regulatory and industry updates and formal training.
- Undertake Continuous Monitoring and feed into risk assessments and Audit Opinion.
- Work with the wider GIA department to support the achievement of overall GIA objectives.
What is the opportunity
Join our dynamic team that is leading the way in agile auditing. This is a unique opportunity to view the Bank through a holistic lens. You will work closely with stakeholders across the Group to provide 'Independent Insight and Opinion'.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in the Republic of Ireland with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a Treasury Front Office or Finance and Treasury Operations support function and/or strong Audit experience specific to these areas (e.g. Fixed Income and FX Treasury activities, Liquidity management, Capital Management and regulatory reporting).
- Understanding of the Group's key businesses, priorities and challenges, in addition to the regulatory environment in which the Group operates.
- Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
- An ability to challenge management in an open and constructive manner while maintaining effective relationships
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Track record that demonstrates sound judgement, drive, and agility.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality work within challenging timeframes.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to concisely articulate the required actions.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Professional or third level qualification (Accounting / Treasury qualification).
- Previous internal or external audit experience (preferably Big 4 / Financial Services based).
- Understanding of risk management practices and design/application and execution of internal controls a distinct advantage
- IT Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- Customer Focused - People Manager
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Accountable - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.