Senior Financial Accountant - ACA / ACCA
Global healthcare business is recruiting a Senior Financial Accountant to support the Financial Controller.
Great first/second move from a practice firm.
Global healthcare business based near Kingston, Surrey
- Prepare financial statements for the company and its subsidiaries
- Be the main point of contact for external auditors and provide the data requested by them on a timely basis liaising with other departments and relevant contacts within the organisation.
- Prepare tax computations for the company and ensure compliance with tax requirements in the UK keeping up to date with changing requirements
- Promote a high level of professional development within the team and keep up to date with changes in statutory legislation UK GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP
- Keep records of all leasing transactions using the company's dedicated software
- Reconcile inventory accounts each month and follow up on reconciling differences and working with customer services team.
- Prepare monthly intercompany profit adjustments and reconcile any intercompany differences on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly intrastat returns and quarterly VAT returns
- Deal with company secretarial filings
- Ensure compliance of the company with the Corporate SOX controls review compliance on a weekly or monthly basis and report any exceptions to the financial controller
- Assist in the continual review, development and implementation of improvements to procedures and controls to ensure full compliance with SOX requirements
- Preparation of weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports
- Run monthly SOX reporting requirements and follow up on open items with relevant colleague to ensure full compliance
- HFM journals to segment costs to other business units to accurately account for intercompany transactions
- Involvement in Ad Hoc projects to improve the general finance function including automation of processes
- Setting up processes and systems for the accounting in new Spin entities to ensure that these are also SOX compliant.
- Prepare monthly revenue recognition documentation for circulation to the US corporate accounting team liaising with the internal management team and obtaining relevant responses for review by general manager and Financial controller.
To be considered you will be ACA or ACCA qualified with exposure to statutory accounting and other statutory requirements.
Salary of £50,000 - £60,000 plus bonus and benefits