EY Law/Financial Services Office - Legal Function Consulting - Senior Manager
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: NEW YORK CITY, HOBOKEN, CHARLOTTE, CHICAGO, DALLAS, ATLANTA
Legal departments are facing significant pressure to demonstrate greater efficiencies and value. New regulations, technologies and events are prompting legal departments to explore new ways to optimize their functions, reduce costs and provide value to the overall organization. Legal managed services is one of the fastest growing segments of the legal services market, estimated to be worth over USD3bn. The investment in legal managed services is at the center of the growth strategy for EY Law. As a Senior Manager, you’ll be at the heart of that goal. It’s a role with far-reaching implications, so you’ll be working with stakeholders across industries with some of the most innovative tools available.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Senior Manager in our EY Law practice. Our Legal Function Consulting (LFC) team works with clients to improve the performance of the legal function and add value to the overall organization. LFC serves high-profile, national and multinational clients across the globe. We have a large, national practice that is assembling into project teams working with clients on often full time, multi-month projects. We are a growing, dynamic practice with excellent opportunities for career development.
The EY LFC team is focused on helping clients improve how they operate their legal function. Many client professionals are never trained on building effective legal departments and rely on groups like LFC to bring best-in-class ideas and provide the insight and experience on how to implement these ideas. Nearly all our projects are carried out in a teaming environment at client sites with client personnel often fully involved. Our LFC team is dedicated to helping companies assess the complexities of delivering value and managing risk in their corporate legal functions through the improvement of people, process and technology. Team members serve as business advisors and assist clients in transforming their legal processes from analysis phase to full implementation.
At EY, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
Major areas where the group provides assistance include:
- Operating Strategy and Organization Design – assist the client in identifying improvement opportunities and developing responsive organization operating models and metrics.
- Process and Controls Enhancement – design effective and controlled processes with enabling technologies to increase efficiency and reduce risk.
- Efficiencies using off the shelf – assist the client in leveraging technologies they already have to improve processes, controls and data management (e.g., Case Management, Matter Management/ eBilling, CLM, IP, eDiscovery/Legal Hold, Document Management Records Management)
- Experience with commercially available legal technology applications– assist the client in evaluating, selecting and implementing technologies that will bring faster and more efficient processing (e.g., KIM, Onit, Team Connect, RelativityOne).
- Apply knowledge of emerging technologies – assist the client with opportunities to leverage RPA, AI, Self Service workflows, etc. to drive efficiencies and overall cost reduction across the legal function.
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 10 years of related work experience; or Master's degree/JD and approximately 8 years of related work experience (preferred); Information Systems, Business, Analytics, Finance, Accounting or Legal Studies (undergraduate)/JD (graduate) fields of study preferred
- Preferred experience in Financial Services Operations
- Valid CPA, CIPP/E, CIPPM, CISA, CISSP, CISM, PMP or member in good standing of the Bar in one of our 50 States
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address client needs, develop client relationships and define resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection
- Experience within a corporate legal department is also valuable
- Excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Relevant experience in one or more of the following specialty areas: a) Legal Department Operations.; b) Records and Information Management.; c) Litigation Preparedness
- Travel ability: Approximately 60%. We work extensively at client locations. Typical travel schedule would include leaving on Monday morning and returning on Thursday afternoon. Fridays are often worked from your home work location. Client engagements may take place in your home city, in which case no overnight travel will be required. Depending on the specific remote client situations, we have also been successful in reducing the percentage of travel with professionals who are comfortable working in a self-motivated, remote-work environment. In summary, the ability to travel remains an integral requirement of this job. Working at out-of-town client locations on weekends is rare and only done in exceptional circumstances.
What we look for
We seek candidates with strong legal function knowledge, demonstrated ability to team with and motivate others, and demonstrated ability to build meaningful and influential relationships with clients and colleagues.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.