Fee Analyst (Graduate Role)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
This is a role for a Fee Analyst within the Global Fee Management team and is required in order to support the business in EMEA. The successful individual will be based in Limerick and will report to a local Ireland Fees Team Leader.
The team is responsible for the timely capture, recognition, billing and collection of revenue for multiple legal entities across EMEA. This role will include primary responsibility for a number of high profile clients. The role involves working with all areas of the Business to ensure that all fee arrangements are properly reflected in our legal books. The team has visibility and liaison with high profile clients, Client Services, Business Operations teams and Financial Control.
- Responsible for timely and accurate client billing across Northern Trust entities working to strict reporting deadlines.
- Initial set-up and ongoing maintenance of client static data, ensuring correct interpretation of documented arrangements.
- Collection of fee debtors in on a timely basis in line with agreed company and client authorised procedures including generation of payment instructions and banking entries.
- Responsible for timely completion of accruals as part of the month end close process to ensure revenue is accurate and complete to meet the requirements and deadlines of Financial Accounting and their month end close schedule.
- Work with the New Business, Client Services, and Operations Teams to ensure all new / terminated business is captured in full, correctly accrued and invoiced within agreed timelines for assigned Clients.
- Timely communication and escalation of billing delays/issues.
- Regular liaison and development of strong relationships with Client Services and the Business.
- Responsibility for Client / Business / Finance queries ensuring timely resolution, documentation and escalation.
- Own all, including the most complex client queries and support other partners in driving solutions to all billing challenges.
- Ensure adherence to SOX and audit requirements. Continually improve and strengthen controls.
- Input to fee related internal & external audits.
- Continual focus on process improvement and efficiency.
- Participate as Subject Matter Expert in all fees related changes and projects.
- Complete ad hoc / project work as required within deadlines agreed.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to work in a fast paced environment where month end financial reporting deadlines and compliance with documented controls and processes are paramount.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional relationship building skills targeted at ensuring deliverables are met with both internal and external partners.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and positive personality.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong client focus.
- Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve on a timely basis.
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to partner effectively with peers, management, business and overseas partners.
- Ability to work in a global team environment effectively to ensure critical deadlines are met.
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads.
- Continuous improvement mind-set.
- Self starter with the ability to work autonomously.
- Motivated, positive and enthusiastic
- Advanced level of IT skills notably MS Excel.
- Experience in Fund Administration/Transfer Agency/Operations within Financial Services is preferable.
- Experience in a billing and accounts receivable function of a multinational organisation is preferable (financial services experience an advantage).
- Experience in a compliance focussed environment.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance (REMOVE FOR LUX POSTINGS), Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.