Financial Reporting Accountant
The UK and Ireland Finance team is going through an exciting period of change and transformation. As a team we operate cross jurisdictionally looking after several different entities, across the fund services, corporate services and compliance services which we offer in the IQ-EQ Group. A number of these entities are regulated in their respective jurisdictions. This role will be part of our Manila Finance team, who support the UK&I Cluster, and others, in the global IQ-EQ Group.
We are looking for a new Financial Accountant to join our team. The role will be incredibly varied, from taking ownership of the month end close (and associated reporting) from start to finish, to assisting with several different projects and helping the team to become fit for the future. This individual will be expected to demonstrate strong technical knowledge and be adaptable and proactive in their work approach to assist with the wider projects and deliverables of the team.
As a financial accountant, you will play a key part in ensuring that our monthly and other reporting deadlines are met. This will involve completing the detailed month end postings, balance sheet recs, bank recs and so forth. This individual would be expected to be the main contact for the year end audit process, alongside assisting with the other reporting requirements which we have.
We are looking for someone with a hand on and can-do attitude. This will be key with ensuring that we can make the finance team fit for the future. The projects and ad-hoc work which the team have exposure to is significant and varied. For example, we are currently in the process of applying for a licence for a new regulated entity in Ireland, we are integrating new acquisitions into the cluster, migrating to new systems and often assist with business partnering on a range of different matters.
- Preparation and control of monthly management information;
- Preparation of annual financial statements and management of the year end audit process;
- Assisting with the preparation of regulatory returns;
- Preparation of VAT, Corporate Tax and any other relevant regulatory returns;
- Driving the integration of a newly acquired Group into the IQ-EQ Group;
- Assisting the Finance team with integrations of new acquisitions;
- Driving process improvement and efficiencies across all of the finance activities;
- Liaising with various stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Assisting and taking the lead of various projects work as and when required.
- CPA Qualified Accountant
- A minimum of 3 years accounting experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in a global finance environment, with previous experience with UK Companies being highly advantageous
- Strong grasp and understanding of financial controls and best practice
- Experience in external audit would be preferred
- Capable of working to meet tight deadline deliverables, and able to be flexible to prioritise multiple tasks and deliverables at one time
- Strong excel skills, with financial modelling experience being desirable, but not essential
- Ability to summarise findings and conclusions in a succinct and professional manner, tailored to senior management and board level audience Ability to work independently and as part of the wider team
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.