Working as Financial Controller for a key property / facilities management division of a successful group, as they look to grow and develop, this role offers a good challenge, the chance to put your stamp on something, and comes with good prospects for future career development.
My client is the property and facilities management division of a larger group, with both internal and external clients. They are a diverse group, who can offer career prospects both across the spectrum of companies, as well as within the division as it grows.
The Financial Controller role will take full responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts, liaising with auditors to produce annual statutory accounts, as well as management of all transactional activity within the company. You would manage a small team, and support the group FC
More specifically your remit will include:
- Preparation of monthly flash accounts and final management accounts
- Raising and arranging payments
- Monthly raising of recharges to the group businesses, reallocating where necessary
- Analysis of payroll data to ensure net pay, HMRC payments, pension payments etc are allocated correctly
- Organising, checking and authorising payment runs from the office, rent and service charge bank accounts, being mindful of cash flow and supplier expectation.
- Investigating and resolving inter company trade and funding balances
- Dealing with year-end audit queries and assist external auditors with preparation of statutory accounts within target deadlines.
- Producing monthly work in progress schedule for financial records
- Monitoring and checking output of staff under supervision.
- Supervising credit control for external parties.
- Provide senior management with accurate, up to date financial information as and when required
- Involvement in systems development project about to commence.
The successful candidate for this Financial Controller position will be
- Fully Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Able to review existing and establish new financial processes
- Able and willing to take a hands on role in finance
- A Strong business partner, able to liaise with senior internal stakeholders.
- Able to challenge the status-quo
Base salary of up to c£65,000 + benefits
Good prospects fur further development within the division or the wider group