Finance - Procurement Manager
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryA career in Procurement, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and manage the procurement of all goods and services required by PwC for operational and strategic purposes. As a part of the team, you’ll assist in developing our standard practices and compliance infrastructure, managing relationships for both internal clients and suppliers to aid in the strategic selection of suppliers, supplier diversity, and contract negotiations.
As part of our team, you’ll be responsible for the acquisition of services and capital equipment and goods. We serve as the relationship manager for both internal clients and suppliers by seeking appropriate solutions for all sourcing needs, creating, reviewing, and negotiating contractual arrangements through thought leadership, subject matter specialisation, and strategic advising.
- Support development of procurement strategy, focusing on high opportunity areas of spend, and identifying challenging procurement spend savings across the business
- Manage all spend within a spend category, defining strategies, working to optimise the RFP / RFI process, contract creation including terms, costing and quality of services delivered. Creation and completion of the service provider performance and benchmarking across the region.
- Oversees the RFP / RFI processes for significant spend categories, including creation of scopes of work, technical and commercial evaluation,
- recommendation and facilitation of sign off with key stakeholders
- Support the Procurement Director in roles as Procurement SME to leadership,
- supporting on understanding of procurement / direct and indirect spend, as well as the development of new policies which support ongoing cost savings / management
- Reviews contract terms and recommends amendments that support the position of / benefits PwC
- Supports financial negotiations for all significant areas of spend, with aim of achieving year on year reductions in like for like spend
- Support company culture of long-term saving on procurement costs, drive ethos of regionalisation / centralisation of procurement spend and contracts e.g. Regional call off, framework and consultancy agreements
- Log and distribute savings achieved across the procurement categories
- Drive accurate capture of procurement data to feed into Procurement Systems e.g. LPOs etc, ensuring meaningful and accurate data is collected, reconciled and managed appropriately
- Manage internal customer relationships - function leads with significant areas of spend e.g. marketing & communication, professional services and human capital etc and build collaborative relationships with common goal of optimising functional procurement budgets
- Manage external service provider relationships with key partners in the markets, particularly across the key categories of spend - marketing & communication, professional services and human capital etc
- Ensure internal customer satisfaction with corporate procurement services across categories
- Provide informative procurement reporting
- Ensure internal customer satisfaction with Procurement services
- Promote innovation and technology throughout the procurement process.
- Support development of procurement policy, procedure and process setting, and support wide communication to all internal stakeholders
- Lead, manage and execute projects related to the procurement strategy and category management particularly
- Supports risk management and mitigation approach identification, as well as execution for agreements
- Manages the risk, quality and independence process and promotes fair trade within the firm
- Work with business partners to ensure understanding of customer needs and implementation options in order to provide guidance in the delivery of efficient procurement processes and tools in the region.
- Engage procurement leads and key stakeholders to ensure business needs are being met in a timely manner balanced with PwC requirements, strategies and policies.
- Provide information to procurement teams regarding best practices, industry trends and business opportunities, as well as, feedback on the overall performance of procurement processes and tools.
- Provide excellent customer services and complaints resolution
- Work with the Procurement Director to support, design and implementation of any new opportunities/improvements within the team
- Highlight and promote areas of efficiency for the firm including reducing administration support and promoting technology
- Responsible for procurement risk management and mitigation approach and execution for contracts and agreements
Learning & Growth:
- Foresees alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of the supply chain and clients
- Build capabilities within the function, develop leadership skills of direct reports, and ensure that training plans are in place to develop the function’s staff technically and managerially
- Ensure that team has the resources and capabilities to deliver assignments efficiently
- Capture templates and standards into a repository to build the team's own knowledge management database
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
- Support internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities of practice both within own team and across wider function
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Establish a healthy working environment for employees
Knowledge, skills, and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management or related field required
- CIPS qualification or equivalent required
- Fluency in written and spoken English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 3+ years of experience in a procurement function
- Experience in the Professional Services industry in a top tier Big 4 firm preferred
- Experience in the procurement function within a large organisation
- Prior people management experience
- Experience in managing service provider relationships and agreements related to all areas of procurement, managing and monitoring SLAs
- Experience within the Middle East is an advantage
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of developing and implementing procurement policies and procedures
- Ability to develop procurement framework agreements for major items
- Ability to work well within a team and promote collaborative working
- Knowledge of best practices within the procurement space
- Ability to review procurement frameworks from both a technical and commercial sense
- Good relationship building with external providers
- Strong negotiation skills and assertiveness in dealing with external vendors and third parties
- Knowledge of vendor management and managing SLAs
- Ability to provide feedback on service quality and recommend improvement areas
- Knowledge of overseeing cost improvement initiatives across all major categories of spend
- Organisation, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Understanding of legal terms and contracts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Ethical Conduct
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)Degrees/Field of Study required: Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Travel RequirementsNot Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.