Malaysia - Chief Financial Officer
We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to use it to redefine how financial services are offered. Grab is leading a consortium to apply for Digital Bank license and build a bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers. We have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. If you have what it takes, help build our new Digibank with us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Formulating strategies and developing key business metrics that will
- Work closely with CEO and wider group, in partnership with the executive leadership team to propel the organization forward through a combination of financial, business and digital acumen, while delivering on the core mandate to provide sound financial reporting.
- Champion objective and insightful analysis on the key drivers of their models, holding business owners accountable and working alongside them to identify opportunities for further success.
- help the business stay focused and on track towards goals.
- Lead a high performing team to provide monthly and quarterly financial performance reports; covering operating revenues and expenses, as well as detailed analyses of key business drivers, to enable the line management to make sound business and operational decisions, and to ensure best practice systems and control.
- Support strategy, operations and financial planning using a data-driven approach, that guides businesses on market segment evaluation and development
- Establish frameworks for capital allocation and develop budgets for financial forecasting
- Owner of internal controls, policies and procedures related to financial reporting and compliance; ensure integrity and soundness over financial transactions and reporting
- Ensure compliance with company policies, and applicable accounting standards, as well as related regulatory reporting requirements and tax filings
- Tracking of KPIs to ensure that company and business targets are met and keeping line management informed of progress KPIs so that prompt and appropriate actions can be taken to improve performance where necessary
- Coordination of digital bank’s operating forecast, annual budgeting and cost allocation exercises
- Familiarity with Basel IV requirements and BNM notices to ensure that the bank complies with regulatory liquidity requirements
- Develop, maintain and revise policies, procedures, processes and internal controls to ensure that proper governance are practiced and upheld
- Oversee the preparation of accounting separation and any stipulated reports to the regulatory bodies
- Growth stage experience is critical: experience in balancing the needs of a dynamic, hyper-growth company with the overarching requirements of financial discipline
- Proven experience leading high-performance teams on daily operations and key metrics while guiding them towards the strategic direction and objectives of the wider company
- Building and mentoring a lean team of high performers
- Providing commercial insight and leadership across the business in order to achieve on, and to exceed on business plan targets
- Provide inputs and advise the management team on key strategic issues (e.g. initiatives, business unit plans, and major investments) based on clear issue framing, systems-level thinking, data driven and rigorous analyses
- Bridge business opportunities with product development via a keen grasp of the business imperatives and clear understanding of the possibilities and / or limitations of technology and regulatory framework
- Lead the development of experimental business opportunities including development of baseline capabilities, definition of the parameters of success, and ensuring smooth transition to operations
- Execute the strategic planning rhythm to ensure follow-through of the functional deliverables via discussions, updates and action-tracking
- Assess proposals for all major initiatives to ensure judicious investment of company resources in line with strategic direction
- Analyse the performance the company’s business portfolio and identify new opportunities for growth
- Engage senior executives in the development and execution of strategic initiatives
The must haves:
- A recognised Accounting / Finance degree and / or CPA is highly desirable
- At least 18 years of relevant experience working at tier 1 strategy / management consulting firms, investment banks and/ or at leading regional or global internet and ecommerce firms
- Integrity and firm in ensuring compliance of policies and internal controls.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both within and across business units.
- Able to plan and coordinate effectively and manage expectations to achieve the expected results.
- Able to lead, guide and motivate team to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Ability to construct and deliver clear presentations to senior company executives
- Well-developed communication skills to interact with broad ranges of audiences
- Ability to look beyond individual issues to identify broader themes with wider-reaching impact
- Superb presentation and communication skills
- Experience in project managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
- A self-starter and independent learner who takes the initiative to challenge the status quo.
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Structured thought process and a strong analytical ability, and some experience with operational execution
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively network within the industry and the overall business
- Ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a startup VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.