Senior Valuation Risk Controller - Equities
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world?s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business.
- Having the opportunity to work with Equity products
- As being part of a global team, active involvement in firm-wide valuation projects and initiatives
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus.
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional development based on your career interests.
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Production of the monthly mark review to ensure positions are marked correctly in the firm?s books and records
- Gaining a full understanding of the products subject to valuation in the group and the relevant marking methodologies
- Regular interaction and liaison with various stakeholders globally, including Product Controllers, Trading Desk, and Strategists
- Preparing reports and documents that clearly explain and summarize the mark review results and issues for Senior Finance Management and the Business Units.
- Preparation of reconciliations between the firm?s books and records and the underlying positions
- Involvement in balance sheet categorization based upon observability in accordance with FAS157
- Project work as required on new systems, methodology and functionality enhancements
- Challenging existing processes and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of the mark review and to proactively identify, monitor and manage both the known and unknown risk within those existing processes and procedures
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance or Business related discipline and availability to work full time
- 2-4 years' relevant professional experience
- Good understanding of financial markets and products and ability to learn new products
- Ability to translate complex theoretical problems into smaller problems that can be solved practically
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid knowledge of Excel
- VBA programming knowledge is an plus
Team Profile: Morgan Stanley Valuation Control provide an independent valuation opinion across the entire spectrum of financial instruments within the firm's sales and trading inventory and proprietary investment portfolio, ranging from vanilla products to the most complex structured and derivative transactions. The team leverages its diverse quantitative skill set and intimate product expertise to act as a guardian and approver of valuation methodology. The group's key clients are senior trading management and senior Finance management.
The team is mandated to perform an independent valuation assessment on the diverse range of financial products. This process involves the certification of models and their valuation methodologies, testing for adherence to such methodologies, evaluating internal valuation marks against external benchmarks, identification and resolution of valuation discrepancies, and communicating a valuation assessment to senior management. The team is also involved in the continuous enhancements of the valuation control infrastructure with a view towards global and cross-product standardization.
About us: Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place to learn, grow and achieve. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects who you are as a person.
Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximise collaboration.
There are various employee offers such as discount theatre tickets, dry cleaning service and many more.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.