Project Analyst handles a variety of management information, reporting and accounting issues, utilizing experience and analytical skills to assess problems and design solutions. The successful candidate must possess strong communication skills and be capable of developing relationships with various stakeholders
- Understands the business and the link between own role and business strategy.
- Responsible for correct, reliable and meaningful analysis of financial data to enable value adding MI and understanding of key cost drivers impact, reasonable variance analysis and interventions.
- Responsible for Cost Allocation Management (establishes business need, creates and maintains allocation set up with support from Controllers), investigates and resolves unallocated balances.
- Advise the business on TW Codes and Investigates and resolves TW errors and issues.
- Supports the Reporting Team with detailed variance analysis for Group/MI reporting.
- Prepares month end accounting postings, calculation and verification of value of work done for the respective projects, which includes accruals, reclassifications, allocations, etc.
- Owns in terms master data set up – WBS creation, release, TECO, set-up, review and monitor projects MOA//SAP authorities.
- Supports standardisation and automation initiatives/projects
- Prepares input to financial performance assessment process
- Prepares management information for performance review meetings
- Participates in regular Cost Tracking Meetings with his/her business contacts.
- Arranges Budget Holder Meetings with the relevant budget holders (incl. Senior Management)
- Ensures quality of input to cash calls and billing statements and liaises with Joint Venture Accounting to ensure correct and timely partner information.
- Provides additional information to JV partners
Governance, Risk & Assurance:
- Ensures compliance with the Shell Group Control Framework and relevant standards/guidelines.
- Participates as line resource in Audits or Reviews that form part of Assurance Plan of the company as required.
- Executes financial controls.
- Provides data to tax for tax reporting as specified by the tax function.
- University degree in a finance, accounting, or other developing analytical thinking
- At least two years of experience in data analysis, management information
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of data flows across various SAP environments (i.e. P16, PB7) and modules (i.e. FI/CO/PS/MM), along with the accounting entries that are generated. Be able to quickly identify and correct potential errors in a timely manner
- Fluent English
- Good Excel knowledge, VBA/SQL experience considered as an advantage
- Ability to work virtually
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.