Brilliant opportunity to join our Accounts Payable team as a Finance Coordinator!
At Next, not only are we one of the UK’s largest fashion retailers, but we’re also one of the largest listed companies. Selling our own NEXT brand as well as hundreds of world-famous brands, in the UK and worldwide. What’s more, we’re growing. Fast. And it’s the kind of growth and investment that is exciting for everyone in our business.
Specifically you can join our Finance Operations department. We’re the ones who keep the business going, and the cash flowing. Taking pride in our strong financial processes as we manage over £4bn of sales and payments a year, across 500+ retail stores and circa 8 million active Online customers. But that’s just the day to day. With so much growth going on, we get stuck into projects and supporting new business initiatives. Helping to expand overseas and bring in even more third-party brands. This is one for those who aren’t afraid of big digits, who have an eye for anomalies, and who want to use their skills to succeed through rapid change, challenge and scale.
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Finance Coordinator to help support our Accounts Payable operation and you’ll report into the Team Leader. Be part of the team responsible for the day to day running of the area to ensure high accuracy of work is delivered by the team whilst supporting the business in delivering high profile projects and managing a growing supplier base of over 3,500 active suppliers.
- Work management and allocation across both UK and outsourced teams
- Highlight in a timely manner areas of non compliance, high volumes and breach of business process & policy
- Review and monitor the teams output ensuring great attention to detail to deliver work to the highest of standards
- Prioritise own and teams workload amongst conflicting priorities and key business deadlines including event planning
- Management of daily and weekly payment runs
- Ledger reconciliations and month end accruals, including supporting our auditors
- Assist the management team to execute a wide range of tasks and projects including generation and review of management information and suggesting action where appropriate, reviewing process and suggesting improvements and testing support for any system enhancements
- Optimize resource using appropriate planning tools and continual process review
- Instrumental in building a culture of excellent relationships with key suppliers, problem solving and ownership.
- Step into managers responsibilities when required
- High attention to detail
- Problem solving skills / Logical thought process - Ability to critically assess and resolve key business issues
- Effective communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Strong planning / organisation skills and ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Proactive approach to workload
- Strong presentation skills – Confident in leading discussions and promoting business improvements and proactive in meeting with management
- Confident in challenging systems and processes
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.