Head of Finance - Commercial
About the Role
The Head of Commercial Finance for the Direct division of TalkTalk (Direct Consumer and B2B) is responsible for key support of the Commercial function including value management. This role has accountability for the rolling forecasting and annual budgeting processes along with month-end reported results and analysis.
Main duties & Responsibilities
As the Head of Commercial Finance, you will be a trusted partner of the Direct Commercial Director – providing full support in all financial matters and robust independent challenge.
You’ll report to the Finance Director and be a member of the Commercial Leadership Team. This is a pivotal role in the support of commercial decisions, where you will utilise the support of 5 direct reports.
You will leverage your commercial experience and knowledge to identify areas of strategic interest and influence business decisions, whilst providing ongoing challenge and guidance to manage commercial direction.
You will play a critical governance role – being a key review point on all budgets and forecasts, risks and opportunities initiatives, and monthly finance reports and analysis issued to the business.
You will be the Commercial Finance lead on key projects including value management, product strategy, M&A activity, and all commercial initiative
Anticipate potential risks – internally, and across the sector – and define proposals to address/mitigate.
- Strategic Thinker
- Commerciality - an understanding of the broader market we operate in and strategic and value drivers
- Successful partnering with, and influencing of exec-level stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills - able to convey complex financial detail and insight in an accessible manner
- Prepared to go into the business and challenge it
- Highly collaborative and will develop and coach own team and matrix stakeholders
- Well organised, highly analytical
- Resilient and works well under pressure
- Ability to handle ambiguity
- The ability to challenge positively and debate confidently
- Adaptable and able to adjust style and approach
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.