Finance Manager - Management Accounts
This role is important in supporting the Senior Finance Manager in ensuring that the TalkTalk Group produce timely, accurate, high quality consolidated financial reporting, analyses and insight by working with the BU Business Partners to allow the Exco and Senior Management to understand the current results and story behind the numbers to allow effective commercial decisions to be made.
The role is also critical to ensure we report accurately and in accordance with our corporate governance requirements, ensure the business meets requirements from changes in audit standards and delivers a successful financial audit review process.
They will act as a key leader within the Direct Business Core Finance team to ensure a high quality of reporting, analysis and planning is delivered, drive a continuous improvement culture and develop our financial and reporting capabilities to provide improved insight.
How will I add value in this role?
- Support the SFM in leading the monthly financial reporting processes culminating in the provision of the monthly management accounts, CFO packs and Board Reports monitoring performance against agreed KPI’s
- Partnering with the business (Finance Directors and Business Partners) to understand performance and the commercial impact of the analysis that enable effective challenge
- Working with the SFM to highlight the key risks & opportunities to the BU based on analysis of results
- Produce high quality financial reports and presentations for the FLT, Senior Management and the ExCo
- Support projects within the business that will support and improve our financial reporting or are part of reporting requirements
- Responsible for providing all underlying financial analysis and support to Deloitte to compete the half year and full year audit
- Maintaining an efficient governance process with both customers and suppliers so improving the quality of Core Finance output
- Create effective process, workflow and systems designs to drive efficiency and a culture of continuous improvement (accuracy, simplification, control, automation, efficiency, collaboration etc.)
- Support the SFM in creating a high performing team resulting in high engagement across the business and a trusted group of finance professionals. You will also demonstrate strong people leadership skills
What do I need in order to deliver in the role?
- Qualified Accountant with post qualified experience in a similar level role
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Stakeholders management
- Strong analytical and commercial skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisation skills
- Technical accounting knowledge
As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.