Commercial Finance Manager
About the Team
The Commercial Analysis Team is part of the wider Commercial Finance Team reporting into the Commercial Finance Director.
This is a newly created team team in Commercial finance who will be responsible for performing commercial analysis on all partner propositions, potential acquisition targets/other M&A activity, and the tracking of the performance of key contracts.
The team provides an interface into the Wholesale Commercial Team, and will provide significant growth opportunities for team members at all levels.
About the role
As a Commercial Finance Manager, you will be accountable for the governance and control over our key partner contracts. You will leverage your commercial experience and knowledge to identify areas of interest and influence business decisions, whilst providing ongoing challenge and guidance to manage commercial direction.
You and your team will work closely with key stakeholders across our Commercial Business to model and deliver proactive commercial propositions for product launches, contract renewals or new business opportunities to maximise value.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Commercial Analytics – providing analytics to the Commercial team to inform partner decision making inclusive of the accounting view of all deal proposals
- Financial Modelling of all customer propositions
- Carry out the Top 20 Customer profit & loss including full profitability analysis
- Assessment of Regulatory changes
- Ensuring the operating model can meet business and customer demands, and suggest, develop and deliver alternative solutions to meet that demand.
- Responsible for developing great relationships with different functional areas, most notably: Sales, Marketing Commercial & Group Product.
- Undertaking financial modelling/business case preparation for potential acquisition targets and support the financial due diligence process of such targets where relevant.
- Tracking of all ongoing contractual commitments with our partners and proactively engage with the commercial function to drive challenge to recover lost value or apply appropriate penalties within commercial negotiations
To be successful in this role you will need the following in your skill set:
- Financial qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to communicate with impact, facilitate meetings and present to all levels
- Commercially astute with proven experience of preparing customer propositions
- Excellent interpersonal skills: influence, collaboration, stakeholder management and resilience
- Demonstrable ownership and attention to detail
- Innovative & strategic thinker with ability to translate big picture into action in a dynamic environment
Be great to also have:
- High proficiency in MS Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience of process improvement/strategic project delivery
- Solid market / industry / regulatory knowledge
- As a recognised Top 50 Inclusive Employer in the UK, we know that diversity means success and innovation. We want our workplace to reflect the communities and customer we serve. Being inclusive is part of our DNA; we are all 100% human, and we create a culture where you can truly be yourself.
We’re also not your usual 9-5. We are a dynamic workplace and we want to talk to you about how you like to work.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.