EY Law - Legal Billing Analyst & Bookkeeper
EY Law Ireland has a requirement for an experienced Legal Billing Analyst & Bookkeeper to join EY Law as part of the wider EY Ireland finance function.
Reporting into the Country Accounting Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the firm complies will the Law Society Solicitors Accounting Regulations, as well as assisting fee earners with the accurate and timely issuing of invoices to clients and the maintenance of client ledgers. You will also be responsible for ensuring that proper systems of control and reporting are in place and drive continuous improvement as regards to process, controls and efficiency.
This is an exciting and challenging position and provides a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful team in a growing business and offers career development opportunities. The role is based in Dublin and you will be part of a strong team across Ireland.
This role is a permanent full-time position.
- Maintaining client ledger matters
- Ensure that all payments are process on correct amounts and Client Account is never allowed to overdraw.
- Recording all transactions in the appropriate manner.
- Ensure that new matters are recorded correctly.
- Assisting in the entering of bills.
- Execute Electronic Transfers.
- Ensure that all authorized invoices are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Deal directly with Clients when receiving payment by cash or cheque.
- General queries on all aspects of client matter ledgers.
- Ensure that all closed accounts are authorised and that nil balances are achieved before archiving.
- Manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Assisting in SAR audits
- Regular (daily) reconciliation of client accounts – list of balances to total funds held
- Ensuring compliance with SAR rules on transfer of funds
- Knowledge of e-billing and e-billing systems
- Ensure proper systems of control and reporting are in place and drive continuous improvement as regards process, controls and efficiency.
- Developing and implementing new policies, systems and procedures.
- Facilitate training for client serving team on Mercury (SAP) and effective financial management practices
Responsibilities, Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to deal confidently across all levels of staff
- Experience dealing with key stakeholders with the ability to challenge stakeholders and participate in discussions to senior management level
Communication and Influencing
- Professional and confident with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and able to deal effectively with all levels of staff through meetings and presentations
- Customer focused, responsive and with an ability to build strong relationships primarily with internal stakeholders
- An analytical mind-set, with the ability to summarise and explain complex issues
- Ability to communicate complex information in a succinct and clear manner
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced and transforming environment
- Ability to learn quickly, analyse problems and assist with the development and implementation of solutions
- Ready to learn, consult and contribute new ideas
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure at peak times and to meet deadlines
- Proactive, organised and self-sufficient with the ability to prioritise conflicting demands and multitask to meet exacting deadlines
- Team oriented approach, with flexibility regarding tasks undertaken
- Thrives in and adapts to a fast changing, growing and high activity environment
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role in a legal environment
- Strong working knowledge of Solicitors Accounting Rules is essential
- Working knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Experience with e-billing systems and processes
- Familiar with online banking processes
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment with a strong work ethic
- Desire to thrive in and adapt to a fast changing and high activity environment
- Innovative, confident and creative thinker with ability to make quick decisions
- The ability to think on your feet, use initiative and judgement to make informed decisions
Who we are
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.