Senior - Valuation, Modeling & Economics (Strategy & Transactions): The Cayman Islands
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Valuation, Modeling and Economics (VME) Senior you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you’ll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
We are looking for a Senior within the VME team in the Cayman or Bermuda office. EY has an established industry leading Strategy and Transactions Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior focused on valuation, you will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced VME team, and you will gain experience from working on a wide variety of assignments across our many clients. You will be responsible for participating and assisting in valuation and financial analyses and applying valuation theories and approaches, including: researching and gathering relevant information; analyzing information; participating in the formulation of valuation approaches; developing valuation and other business models; and assisting in the preparation of valuation reports for a variety of purposes such as financial reporting, transactions, tax, and litigation. This position requires travel, as necessary, and the willingness to assist on other types of projects within Strategy and Transactions and EY.
Skills and attributes for success
The ideal candidate will be seeking to become a professional in our VME team will have the following attributes:
- Ability to multi-task and actively work within project teams of varying sizes and skills
- Problem solving skills
- An aptitude for identifying key issues, conducting research and developing valuation models
- Strong interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- The ability to listen to clients and to address clients' needs
- An eagerness to develop and maintain professional relationships with colleagues and clients
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting with demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- A commitment to pursuing a relevant business valuation professional designation
- Strong financial modelling and analysis skills
- MS Office proficiency including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous valuation experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm
- Financial modelling experience
- Achievement of or progress towards a job relevant professional designation such as a CFA, CBV, ASA/AM or other recognised designation
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and high attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client’s goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.