FS Solution Architect
Solution Architect – Financial Services – Senior Manager- Dublin
EY is the only major professional services firm with an integrated Financial Services practice across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA). We connect our Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets and Insurance clients to 6,500 talented people from 12 countries and 35,000 Financial Services colleagues around the world.
In EY FS Ireland, we are expanding our Consulting practice and building our Technology Consulting team as a key component of our NextWave Strategy. NextWave is EY’s global strategy and ambition to deliver long-term value to clients, people and society. It is inspired by the way innovations spread through society. We are actively recruiting high achieving individuals with Solution Architecture expertise on technology-enabled transformation projects/programmes within Financial Services.
Join EY FS Ireland you will be working with the best people on the most complex financial services issues, helping to shape the future of financial services.
By joining the Technology Consulting Team, you will work in high-performing teams that deliver exceptional client service, enabling organizations to grow, innovate, protect and optimise their business performance – playing your part in building a better working world.
Your key responsibilities
- As a solution architect you will be responsible for the translation of functional and non-functional requirements into a solution design, describing it through standardised design artefacts, ensuring alignment to the target architectures, principles, patterns and standards.
- Assist clients align project outcomes with their strategy by acting as an intermediary between business and technology stakeholders
- Proactively identify any opportunities to leverage process redesign and technology to change how their service can be delivered.
- Collaborate with technical staff in solutions design and delivery, design integrated solutions where products interoperate with customer’s systems.
- Work with product managers and product designers to shape the evolution of the product set, with a specific focus on integration and extension capabilities.
- Commit to producing high quality and robust architectures to develop software within agreed time estimates and to agreed quality while working at multiple layers in the technology stack (e.g. DB, Application, UI)
- Develops detailed technical architecture blueprints and designs for complex projects
- Elaborate, assess and provide recommendations on solution options that align with the client’s strategy and business objectives.
- Contribute to the planning of solution delivery through estimations, dependencies and risk management.
- Regularly update job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations etc.
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring more junior members of staff
- Be responsible for your own self-development, and maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
To qualify for the role, you must
- Have strong solution design and architecture pedigree and experience (8 years or more)
- Broad exposure to multiple architecture domains
- Experience working in the financial services industry
- Experience in application development.
- Experience communicating at all levels from executive to team level. Strong verbal and written skills
- Have ability to build and manage relationships across business and technology stakeholders
- Stakeholder Management and working collaboratively with Development and Testing teams to deliver high quality solutions that meet client and user business needs
- Have a strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in IT or relevant field
- Have experience operating in a fast paced, multi-vendor environment.
- Have knowledge and proven experience of working with IT Software Development Lifecycle methodologies (SDLC) including Waterfall & Agile
- Have experience in seeking the alignment of business and technology, operating across organisational and technology silos to drive common approaches
- Experience in delivering business value from technology as well as communicating the value to senior business stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities and build/develop working relationships
- Proven self-motivation to take initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and approach work methodically with attention to detail
- Good analytical skills (systems, data, etc.)
- Appropriate architecture certifications, TOGAF
What we look for
If you have a keen interest in Technology Consulting and you are a team player with excellent communication and presentations skills with an analytical mind with problem-solving skills and experience with various systems and data bases, then the EY FSO Technology Consulting team could be exactly the right place for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Additionally, EY is now one of the first global companies to offer our employees access to an externally accredited Technology MBA – a truly unique opportunity to develop yourself and others
As a global leader in assurance, Tax, Strategy & Transactions and Consulting services, we are using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.