Advisory Senior Associate
Job Description & Summary
A career within the Cayman Islands’ Advisory service line will provide you with the opportunity to work under the supervision of the Senior Management team to assist with restructuring and insolvency engagements, to help companies, lenders, creditors and other stakeholders, often in distressed financial situations, across a broad spectrum of sectors and industries. In short, we develop operational and financial strategies to protect, restore and maximise value for our clients in financial or operational distress, or otherwise looking to simplify its corporate operations and / or structure.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from defining the engagement scope and strategy through to execution, reporting and wrapping-up the engagement. The required experience, professional skills and responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum of three (3) years’ corporate insolvency and restructuring experience in a similar position, working for a professionals services firm; experience in the financial services industry preferred;
- An internationally recognised professional accounting designation, such as ACA, ACCA, or CPA. A recognised insolvency qualification would also be an asset;
- Prepare analysis and reports supporting the restructuring or insolvency assignment as required to be delivered to clients and other parties, and contribute to presenting our work and its findings to the stakeholders;
- An awareness of the statutory insolvency legislation and framework within a common law jurisdiction is essential. An awareness of cross-border insolvency legislations would also be an asset;
- Robust written, verbal and interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of client work, while reporting to and managing the expectations of Managers and, in turn, external engagement specific stakeholders;
- Be able to identify and discuss issues and obstacles as they arise and suggest solutions to overcome and progress matters;
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients;
- Contribute to the development of your own and the team’s technical acumen;
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths and address development areas;
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the business area;
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance;
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others;
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships;
- Ability to work well under pressure, deal with ambiguity and manage conflict / challenging situations; and
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.