National Tax - BTS - Quantitative Services EDGE STEM Senior Analyst
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: Nashville, Dallas, Washington DC
We are seeking Senior-level candidates with backgrounds in science (e.g. biology, chemistry, etc.), engineering (e.g. electrical, mechanical, industrial, etc.), and/or technology (e.g. software development, programming, etc.)
A Senior works as a core member of the project team in performing research credit studies, with the primary focus of leading detailed technical interviews with our clients' engineers, scientists and software developers, helping determine whether certain activities meet the qualification requirements for research tax credits/incentives, and preparing/reviewing detailed technical documentation packages in support of our clients' R&D/engineering/software development projects. In addition, they also work on developing customized, industry- and engineering discipline-specific client surveys in our proprietary client-facing research credit technology platform (Prodigy) that will be administered to client technical personnel to solicit detailed information regarding their specific R&D efforts and projects. Finally, they work closely with our Global Delivery Services (GDS) offshore teams in India and Buenos Aires (e.g., train the teams and delegate work, review and provide technical edits to detailed technical narratives, etc.).
Your key responsibilities
- Lead detailed technical interviews with client engineers, scientists and software developers in your related technical field to determine eligibility/qualification for R&D tax credits and incentives
- Utilize specific STEM expertise to make technical determinations as to whether certain activities meet the requirements for research credits/incentives based on the results of technical interviews and surveys/questionnaires prepared by client STEM personnel
- Prepare and/or review various memos and other technology/engineering discipline-specific client deliverable documents (e.g. company/technology overview, methodology memorandum, etc.)
- Research relevant tax authorities to build a case for qualification of certain client science/engineering/software development activities/projects for research credits and incentives; and prepare supporting engagement documentation
- Oversee and execute ongoing scientific/engineering discipline-specific training program for both STEM and non-STEM Staff team members
- Using specific scientific, engineering and/or computer science expertise, analyze and interpret detailed technical engineering/software development documentation to assist in making determinations as to whether certain activities meet the requirements for research credits/incentives
- Review and provide comprehensive technical feedback on detailed engineering/software development project narratives prepared by both US team Staff as well as our GDS teams
- Interpret case law to apply the facts and circumstances effectively to client facts
- Provide technical guidance and review comments to both US team staff as well as GDS team members
- Responsible for management of daily project tasks in order to meet client deadlines
- Provide regular status updates to engagement manager
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e. engineering, science, computer programming, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of prior work experience in related field (engineering, science, software development, etc.) or consulting/accounting firm, and/or
- Professional research credit firm experience
- Basic knowledge of the general rules and qualification requirements for the US Federal research tax credit as well as potentially other US and foreign R&D incentives
- Basic knowledge of the use and navigation of Prodigy, our proprietary research credit client collaboration platform
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Responsible for management of own daily project tasks in order to meeting client deadlines
- Collaborate effectively
- Strong organizational and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility with client demands and extremely tight deadlines
- Ability to work overtime when needed to meet client needs
- Willingness to travel - some travel, whether for client/engagement or internal meetings, is required
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Microsoft certifications or experience in the below applications:
- The salary range for this position in Denver, CO is: $68,100 - $115,800
- The salary range for this position in Las Vegas NV is: $68,100 - $115,800
- The salary range for this position in Hartford, CT is: $68,100 - $115,800
- The salary range for this position in Stamford, CT is: $81,700-$139,000
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.