Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Digital Services - Tax Technology Manager - Cairo
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
The Digital Strategy and Operations team is a multidisciplinary regional team that supports both public and private sector clients, helping them to navigate the large tax and digital transformation that is taking place in the Middle East. The team has a particular focus on tax transformation projects that impact tax strategy, processes, policies and technologies. We support our clients by enabling their tax function to operate efficiently and effectively.
A career within Digital Strategy and Operations, will provide you with the opportunity to work at the heart of the large scale tax transformation that the region is going through. You will have exposure to a variety of different projects and clients. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and understands how technology can be applied to tax problems.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone
- Manage differently skilled resources in digital tax team to enhance their development
- Participate in growing digital tax team by identifying skills required and work closely with the recruitment team to select the right resources
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet the firm's/client’s expectations
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on building trusted relationships
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct
The ideal candidate has:
- A good understanding of different technologies applied in a tax environment
- A good understanding of how tax is set up in ERP and other systems
- Experience with data analytics for tax
- Experience with automation solutions like workflow automation and RPA
- Experience with dashboards and data visualization
- The ability to articulate how to solve a tax business problem by using the best fit technology by taking into account all circumstances
- The ability to demonstrate a good understanding of general business processes and the impact of tax and technology on this
- A good understanding of the core elements of a tax department and the implications of technology for tax
- Preferably had exposure to different taxes
- Preferably had experience with E-invoicing
- A mindset to search for solutions
- A Masters degree in IT, Economics or similar.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.