Finance Risk & Controls Senior Manager – C&C Process Partner
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
Finance Risk & Controls Senior Manager – C&C Process Partner
Our Global Finance Risk Management and Controls (FRMC) team supports the Global Finance Organisation to meet compliance reporting requirements. Within GSK finance processes are standardized globally and managed by global process owners (GPOs). Our internal finance control framework is technology enabled, advanced and SOX compliant.
In Poznań we are currently developing our FRMC Project & Change team who will be supporting GPOs in new Consumer Healthcare organisation. As part of a modern, technology-led function delivering world-class service, you will be well-positioned to learn and develop your skills to progress in your career, laterally and vertically, working in a diverse and culturally rich environment with some of the best and brightest in the field.
This role is a standalone business ‘risk-mitigation’ partner to finance services Close & Control GPO team. This role provides hands-on support for global projects significantly impacting Global Finance such as global process changes, system implementation or migrations, target operating model (TOM) creation and roll out, and risk mitigation across key processes.
In this role you will…
- As a process partner Senior Manager, align with GPOs of Close&Controls the plans for changes, relevant FRMC support and manage independently ad hoc changes, reporting directly to FRMC Project & Change Director based in UK
- As a subject matter expert, partner with relevant GPOs of Close & Controls or project manager to secure adequate risk mitigation robust plans are built by the organization. Involvement is needed both in regular weekly GPO calls and in identified opportunities to transform processes to deliver tangible benefits to the business. Alignment with other FRMC managers from other pillars will be needed
- Understand broad and complex problems with limited information available concerning risks in proposed finance process changes and ensure that process risks are identified, mitigated, controlled and reported appropriately
- Be the ‘go to’ person in FRMC team for process design issues for the operations teams and risk management teams and then deal directly with heads of other FRMC towers
- Understand, resolve or escalate requests for changes to process design at all service locations based on the outputs from data analytics
- Review independently relevant policies / SOPs for the newly designed processes to ensure process risks and controls are sufficiently documented
- Ensure process map documentation includes agreed variations for local legal, fiscal or system limitations, including RACI and key controls
- Participate in key business change initiatives as the voice of the risk & compliance team, dealing directly with leadership teams and teams from outside GSK
- Provide risk & compliance inputs as part of project team for large process design projects to support major business change and present to FRMC governance team the proposed changes in internal controls supporting business/GPO in getting the approval of designed changes
Qualifications & Skills:
- Qualified Auditor or Accountant (CA, ACCA, CPA, CIA, PIBR or equivalent) with at least 5 years post qualifying experience
- Strong finance background with commercial experience, preferably at a global level
- Significant experience in finance processes and operations, including a minimum 4-5 years in SOX Compliance; External or Internal Audit, Financial Control and/or Risk Management with a Big 4 audit firm or international corporates
- Experience of working independently with senior stakeholders in an international environment
- Significant experience with internal control design and risk identification
- Knowledge of SOX legislation
- Understanding of ERP systems, preferably SAP environment
- Experience of a global business process change project environment and ability to comfortably work in international environment
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure
- Possibility of almost 80% remote work
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, company car, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Team Building events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
Inclusion & Diversity at GSK:
Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key for our success. Here, you will thrive through bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good and keep growing your career.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant.
We want to hear from you and support with any adjustments that you may require during the recruitment process. Please get in touch with our Recruitment Team (contact email) to further discuss this today.
We will request equal opportunities information from you and whilst disclosure is optional, we encourage you to be open, enabling us to monitor the inclusivity of our recruitment practices for the benefit of everyone. Your data will remain confidential, is never shared with our Hiring Managers and never affects the status of your application. *Local restrictions/legal requirements
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.