Senior Accountant - Payroll and Benefits
Responsible for payroll accounting and reconciliation of payroll interface to DuPont accounting systems. Perform account reconciliation of employee receivables, payroll deductions, and employee related liabilities. Monitor resolution of account reconciliation issues. Responsible for health and welfare accounting, such as medical, dental, life, deferred compensation, and disability benefit reserves. Perform analysis of benefit costs and benefit accrual factor. Drive resolution of process gaps and account reconciliation issues. Lead ad hoc analyses and special studies. Maintain confidentiality of compensation and other personnel data. Participate in scheduled meetings and ad hoc discussions with internal and external customers.
- Operate monthly accounting close for payroll and benefits accounts in SAP ledgers including reconciling of payroll accounts in SAP ledgers, including balancing of payroll to 3rd party provided into DuPont accounting system.
- Distribute benefit expenses between Active and Pensioner reserve accounts and across multiple US legal entities, including billing of benefit costs to other DuPont legal entities and joint ventures.
- Prepare analysis of benefit costs to tax analysts and actuaries. Use actuarial estimates and other data to forecast benefit costs and update benefit accrual rates.
- Lead account reconciliation and issue resolution with HR and Accounting personnel within DuPont and HR service provider.
- Assist with continuous improvement in payroll accounting process.
- Perform a flux analysis of pay costs and liabilities to ensure reasonableness.
- Analyze payroll transactions for appropriate classification and compliance with generally accepted accounting standards and DuPont accounting policy.
- Accounting degree
- 3-4 years of experience in accounting (payroll accounting experience a plus)
- Organization skills
- Communication skills
- Position requires strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task, and proficiency in the use of systems, including Microsoft suite of applications, SAP, and DuPont reporting systems
- Knowledge of basic auditing and internal control standards (SOX compliance).
- Able to maintain confidentiality (employee has access to executive compensation data.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.