Plant Cost Accountant performs the complete accounting cycle in compliance with established practices and generally accepted accounting principles. Provides accounting and financial reporting and analysis guidance to support Business, Production, Functional and corporate needs. Analyzes, classifies, and reviews complex accounting transactions and interrelationships. Prepares interpretation of accounting results and advises Business Finance/Management/Production Leader. Ensures internal controls are in place and operating effectively in accordance with company standards and government regulations. May initiate and lead or be a team member of special projects for process improvements.
This is a high visibility position, the selected candidate will work closely with Production Leadership / Business Finance Team / Supply Chain Function.
- Product Cost Estimate – Analysis & Review - complete product costing of materials, review for variances and correct/communicate results to business/plant management.
- Monitor & Control on Day-to-Day operation, & Month-end closing process, analyze & provide such action plan to support business especially FP&A & Operation team.
- Prepare and analyse key financial reports such as MFG Analysis, Yield, Utilities and Saving report.
- Monitoring MFG area, such as BOM consumption, Yield, Expenses to provide support information to Site Cost Leader and Plant Management.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly Outlook/Forecasting process for you plants/cost centers.
- Prepare account reconciliations in compliance with the global account reconciliation policy to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Coordinate for annual physical stock counting between Logistics, Production and Accounting.
- Review Slow moving, obsolete inventory and its provision on regular basis.
- Improve internal control and follow up action plan such as cycle count, scrap sale, production report.
- handle both internal and external audits.
- Review, challenge, monitor, and support all inventory and inventory control functions.
- Assist the business management teams in financial analysis necessary for decision making.
- Interaction with Business Management Team and be part of the financial expert team for issues/questions/activity related to your business/plants/cost centers.
- Lead & drive continuous improvement projects for the Business / Function / Corporate initiatives.
Qualified Candidates Will Have
- Graduate with Qualified / Semi Qualified Cost accountant or equivalent degree with relevant cost accounting experience.
- Minimum 5 - 8 years' experience in Plant Cost Accounting with manufacturing environment. Experience in month end close in a manufacturing environment is required
- Knowledge of basic auditing and internal control standards (SOX compliance)
- Having proficient knowledge on Std costing in CO module of SAP.
- Strong in analytical and accounting skills, interpersonal skill and time management.
- Proactive, hands-on, results oriented style with a strong client focus.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organization, prioritization and attention to details.
- Strong technology skills in Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of SAP and in-depth knowledge of US GAAP specific to position.
- Comfortable to engage and work with teams in different time zones.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.