Accounting & Financial Reporting Supervisor
Chelmsford, Essex, United Kingdom; Bromley, Kent, United Kingdom; London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Overall job purpose
To provide delivery and supervision of each assignment in an efficient and effective manner, and to help ensure that clients receive a quality service in all respects.
We are looking to hire an accounting and financial reporting supervisor in our London office to provide delivery and supervision of Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules assignments and accountancy services to a range of clients, while promoting the firm at all times.
- The main focus of the role will be to supervise Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules assignments.
- To ensure that jobs are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed internal budget for the job and to discuss all material points arising on the assignment with the manager / partner and client.
- To plan assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To take the hands on Supervisory role, working independently on assignments at client’s premises as and when required.
- Preparation of annual financial statements for a range of entity types to include disclosure notes as required. This includes clients of a variety in size and includes the preparation of financial statements for audit.
- Analytical review incorporating variance analysis on all accounts preparations
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients.
- Assist in the day to day training and development of the junior staff members of the team
- Assist managers and other teams as required
- Manage time effectively to complete multiple tasks to appropriate deadlines and ensure line manager is kept informed of progress
- Build and maintain cross service line relationships
- Maintain high professional standards of conduct and practice
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- An ACA / ACCA qualified or part-qualified individual or someone with equivalent experience
- It is essential that candidates have a good level of experience of the application of the Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice environment
- A keen eye for detail is required with the ability to apply common sense
- Strong communicator with a proven experience of building strong client relationships in a client-facing role
- Competent and effective use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to navigate various accounting and bookkeeping packages such as CCH, Sage, and Xero
- Experience of statutory accounts preparation is essential
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.