Senior Finance Partner – Pharma Supply Chain and Strategy
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
Senior Finance Partner – Pharma Supply Chain and Strategy
We are currently searching for talented, motivated and adaptable individual to join our growing team based in the European financial centre in Poznań.
This role is to partner with two Senior Vice Presidents (SVP for PSC Technology and the SVP for Strategy and Performance) on a daily basis with the objective of being the independent voice on the team, and maximising value through stimulating the right conversations. This role is to bring commercial insights and drive to ensure that resources are pointed to the areas that will enhance our capabilities or deliver future savings. It will also assist with resource allocation and investment decision support, particularly around projects and re-organisations.
This role is highly visible, balancing the stimulation of behaviours across the two functions to achieve strategic financial goals, providing leadership in determining functional and financial direction and proactively thriving in a continuously changing environment.
In this role, you will…
- Finance Partner with two Senior Vice President’s across a wide range of matters of commercial, financial nature and procurement for the function
- Partner the VP of Compliance to ensure resource prioritisation results in mature processes and a thorough understanding of the associated risks
- Operate as a peer on leadership and board meetings (e.g. investment and risk boards). Building partnerships and strong relationships with all senior managers, with the objective that collectively we make optimal commercial decisions
- Provide analysis and delivering of insight that links financial and business strategy. This will also include the presentation of financial performance, forecasts and variances including a thorough assessment of operational drivers/ risks and opportunities
- Actively participate in and drive ad-hoc projects and transformation initiatives (dealing with high degree of ambiguity and multiple conflicting deliverables). For example, being involved in the M&A work and any site disposals that arise
- One of the biggest programmes will be the migration and modernisation of our technology supporting the Manufacturing Supply Chain, through the adoption of modern-day cloud capabilities. This role must be able to create a P&L neutral cost profile, whilst ensuring that an agile approach to targeting value creation. In this specific example, the role will also need to be able to engage with Business Unit SVP of Finance and the transformation lead for PSC to ensure absolute alignment in planning and execution (clearly articulating the benefits of the programme and the financial implications)
- Take full accountability and ownership for corporate processes, with the objective of continuously improving inputs, processes and outputs in order to exceed requirements
Qualifications & Skills:
- University degree in relevant area
- Professional recognised finance qualification CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CPA required
- Min. 5 years of experience in a commercial environment, and demonstratable commercial acumen/ decision making
- Fluency in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence senior decision-makers
- Involvement in working on Transformation or Technology global improvement projects
- Significant partnering experience in a commercial environment, and demonstratable commercial acumen/ decision making
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence senior decision makers
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Demonstrable strategic thinking
- Experience of operating successfully in an English-speaking organization
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- A career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure
- Possibility of remote work
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, company car, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Access to the newest technologies and solutions
- Team Building events
- A career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture is based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key to our success. Here, you will thrive by bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good and keep growing your career. GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant. We want to hear from you and support you with any adjustments that you may require during the recruitment process. Please get in touch with our Recruitment Team (contact email) to further discuss this today. We will request equal opportunities information from you and whilst disclosure is optional, we encourage you to be open, enabling us to monitor the inclusivity of our recruitment practices for the benefit of everyone. Your data will remain confidential, is never shared with our Hiring Managers and never affects the status of your application. *Local restrictions/legal requirements.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.