Trainee Fund Accountant
The Trainee Fund Accountant will support the Fund Accountant / Senior Fund Accountant to deliver all aspects of day-to-day accounting for one or more assigned structures. You will work under the supervision of a Senior Accountant to build your knowledge and capability of the day-to-day accounting duties.
- Undertaking bookkeeping services to a range of entities (companies, funds and trusts) up to TB Level including cash books, bank reconciliations and journals;
- Proactively assist with the preparation of management reporting and maintenance of accounting files for one or more client entities;
- Proactively assist with the preparation of financial statements for one or more client entities; and
- Support payment processing when required and builds a working knowledge of how payments are processed
- Liaise professionally with clients (internal and external) and third parties (by email, telephone and face to face)
- Complete ad hoc duties as required from time to time.
- Follow appropriate Saltgate policies and procedures.
- Assist with the investigation and delivery of responses to auditors and client queries in an accurate and expedient manner.
Essential skills / experience:
- Strong academic background
- Willing to study towards ACCA
- Team player with positive attitude
- Being proactive and self motivated
- Good inter/ intrapersonal skills
- Keen and committed to learn
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Competent user of IT
- Confident in dealing with the clients and auditors independently
- Being able to demonstrate understanding of structures and transactions
- Excellent organisational skills and
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
Desirable skills / experience:
- Degree qualified 2.1 or higher
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Proficient skills in Excel
- Able to work independently, under pressure and to deadlines
All individuals are assigned responsibility for assisting in the overall information security and data protection environment including through attending and completing all mandatory information security and data protection training and complying with all applicable policies and procedures. Any questions or issues should be escalated in a timely manner to designated individuals, or if in doubt, consultation should take place with the relevant line manager.
Saltgate is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.