The Fund Accountant will be primarily responsible for all aspects of day-to-day accounting for one or more assigned structures. You will work closely with more senior members of the team.
- Ownership of bookkeeping transactions and maintenance and of accounting records for multiple client entities;
- Prepare timely and accurate accounting output for subsequent review by the senior members of the team or client;
- Preparing monthly/quarterly reconciliations of management accounts – promptly researching and correcting any variances;
- Preparing interim and annual statutory accounts in line with appropriate accounting standards;
- Liaising and responding to clients, and third parties and ensuring client and third party request or queries are dealt with appropriately;
- Escalating identified issues or concerns appropriately and in a timely manner;
- Ensure adherence to internal policies and procedures;
- Ensuring all reporting deadlines are met;
- Preparation of routine and ad-hoc management reports.
Essential skills / experience:
- Strong academic background (GCSEs – minimum B (grade 6) in Maths and English or equivalent and A-Levels – minimum ABB or equivalent;
- Motivated to study towards ACCA;
- Team player with positive attitude;
- Proactive and self motivated;
- Strong communication skills, organised, flexible and keen to learn;
- Analytical with high level of attention to detail;
- Able to work independently, under pressure and to deadlines;
- Competent user of IT; proficient skills in Excel and outlook;
- Being able to thoroughly explain structures and transactions.
Desirable skills / experience:
- Degree qualified 2.1 or higher;
- Technical knowledge of Funds and financial services legislation and regulations;
- Knowledge FRS, FRS and US GAAP.
All individuals are assigned responsibility for assisting in the overall information security and data protection environment including through attending and completing all mandatory information security and data protection training and complying with all applicable policies and procedures. Any questions or issues should be escalated in a timely manner to designated individuals, or if in doubt, consultation should take place with the relevant line manager.
Saltgate is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.